Search the forum,

Discuss Insulating pipes next to Combi in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

IMG_20240325_091121071.jpg

Prompted by a surveyors energy efficiency report (and getting grants as this job belongs to a small charity) I've been asked to lag the pipes in this boiler cupboard.

So questions:

1.Anybody got a photo of a good professional job please.

2. Where to stop the insulation under the boiler (Thinking I'll go 1 inch below the row of elbows at the bottom of the boiler)

3. Which pipes not to lag? (Thinking not to lag the cold feed, the plastic condensate, and the relief? on the right hand side?)

Anyhow I'll get cracking on the obvious pipes to do.

P.S. For anyone that remembers me I've finally got myself a job with a small local charity. Main part of work is driving and general help, but get asked to do odd handyman type tasks. I have to be aware I've no specific liability insurance so e.g. have ducked electrical work so far.

Tbh I wouldn’t bother as it’s not really set up for insulating (and no pay back time) you could get 9mm on it just but you will have to trim out the back on the cross overs etc but you should be ok

And good for you enjoying it ?

Condense, gas and red ufh pipes only ones not to lag

Attachments

• IMG_8620.jpeg
    IMG_8620.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_8619.jpeg
    IMG_8619.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5995.jpeg
    IMG_5995.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • IMG_5997.jpeg
    IMG_5997.jpeg
    936.8 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_5994.jpeg
    IMG_5994.jpeg
    955.6 KB · Views: 25
Tbh I wouldn’t bother as it’s not really set up for insulating (and no pay back time) you could get 9mm on it just but you will have to trim out the back on the cross overs etc but you should be ok

And good for you enjoying it ?

Condense, gas and red ufh pipes only ones not to lag
Many thanks for all the help Shaun, and yes it is great to have a job again.

I left the cold feed in the end, but did notice an isolated pipe (Pegler valve shut) from that going upstairs (we have no ideas on what that is for, perhaps historical.

You are right some thinner insulation would have helped squeezing stuff in.

Attachments

• IMG_20240403_083419695.jpg
    IMG_20240403_083419695.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 15
Many thanks for all the help Shaun, and yes it is great to have a job again.

I left the cold feed in the end, but did notice an isolated pipe (Pegler valve shut) from that going upstairs (we have no ideas on what that is for, perhaps historical.

You are right some thinner insulation would have helped squeezing stuff in.

Looks nice and neat good job yea leave the valve shut you don’t know if it’s capped the other end :D something to flag up at the next meeting tho

Reply to Insulating pipes next to Combi in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock