Search the forum,

Discuss How do remove valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

My tap is leaking. Removed the cover but how do I get the valve out?
7BB05C02-B714-4617-97B3-8DE77C7844BD.jpeg

1. Spanner on the brass hexagon. With handle of hammer pointing forward towards you, push down on handle while stabilising tap.
2. Looks slightly inset, so might require a socket or box spanner.
3. Measure across the flats of the hexagon to get correct size of spanner.

Reply to How do remove valve? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Rad is leaking from TRV valve, seems to be seeping out of where the pin comes up. I tried tightening up the nut below the pin, but that didn't help. I then looked online and saw that removing the nut and packing with some plumbers tape may help, but whenever I try to remove the nut a load of...
Replies
Views
I need to replace the washer of my kitchen mixer tap as it is leaking. I was able to remove the spout once by unscrewing the screw on the back of the tap. However now I can't remove it again as it seems I must have used the wrong screw head and have rounded off the head. Please see attached...
Replies
Views
Does any one know how this fill valve removes does it just lift up with the red clip?
Replies
Views
I need to change the washer on the dripping hot tap in the photo, does anybody know how to remove the dome tap handle, there's no fixings or grub screw anywhere, thanks
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I turned the screw on the cistern pipe to stop the water. I removed all the silicon around the toilet, now I can easily lift up the Front panel but...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock