Search the forum,

Discuss Hive smart thermostat install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

Booth01

image.jpgHi I have bought a hive thermostat and just wanted to
make sure fitting the receiver right I have a saunier deval combi
with White wire hanging down if I put a switch spare with 3amp
to live& Neutral then does the wire from boiler go in 2&3
i don't need a common wire ???
thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
yep installed one of these yesterday. N L 1 3 and earth tether is what I used. Nice bit of kit I thought but I know BG has their detractors! Always good to take a photo of the previous install if your replacing for a reference.

so just to clarify 1 must be 240 feed and 3 is return from the thermostat (old).
what happens to built in timer do I have to set for constant on and let hive switch on and off.
I take it that volt free controls are redundant.
thnx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hive smart thermostat install in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi bit of a weird issue, I installed a grohe bathroom tap successfully 2 months ago bought from screwfix. Last week the right hand hot tap makes...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock