Search the forum,

Discuss Hi from West Yorkshire! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

Kolly

Hi I'm Caron and I live in Baildon in West Yorkshire. My husband and I are trying to get our house renovated and ready for putting on the market early next year.
It's all coming together at last but we have hit a problem while trying to fit the panel on our new corner bath. We have got the length sorted but the issue is getting sufficient flex in the panel so that it will fit under the lip of the bath without it kinking or cracking.
Please can someone help either with advice on how to tackle it or be willing to come and fit it?

hello from west yorkshire!! have you measured the depth of the panel? measure from the under lip of the bath to the floor and make sure the panel is the same .. measure the panel not the little lip groove at the top ... if the panel is too big you need to look at A. Cutting it down or B. Lifting the bath

good luck

Thanks for the reply Parkesy.
Unfortunately the bath cannot be lifted now it is in situ although there is a little bit of give.
I think we will have to take a bit more off the top to enable it to go under the lip a bit easier, however our main concern is that the panel may crease thereby causing a weakness in the panel but there is still a fair bit of height in relation to the top of the bath so maybe that's going to be the answer.:tounge_smile:

Welcome to the forum Kolly. A picture paints a thousand words. Bath panels can be more flexible than you think. If you upload a pic someone will help you I'm sure.:smile5:

the height you set your bath at, is determined by your bath panel height dimension. as fogy says they are flexible to a degree
But the easiest thing to do is to carefully cut a bit of the bottom, and fasten it to a piece of 2x1 timber running the length of the bath. Coming from Baildon , if you support Bradford City please disregard the above. LOL

Hi Caron, can you not lay the panel at an angle so that you place the lip in first then slide the bottom in, if its really tight then the other option is just to buy a cheap wooden 2 part panel that can be screwed together to suit the height of your bath,
Welcome to the forum,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hi from West Yorkshire! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I am involved in a local charity which is fundraising to restore a local pub into a community hub (and also a pub). The pub which is The Hop Pole in Limpley Stoke is in the middle of the village and it's been closed for about 4 years but the local community have raised enough money to buy it...
Replies
Views
A
Hi there, I am in urgent need of advice! The weather has plummeted over the past week so at nights its -6 so this may be the cause. Anyways, since early this morning there has been no water coming out from the upstairs hot taps, both sink and bath. The cold taps work fine, I have checked...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi all, I have a Heatmiser UFH installation, 7-8 years old now. This week we noticed that a few of our heating zones were not warming up, even though the thermostat was showing the flame symbol. They were working fine last winter. I knew from when I looked at the installation in the past that...
Replies
Views
Hi All! Bought a house recently, and we have been having the most frustrating issue with a very loud humming noise that intermittently comes and goes in our pipework. Have had a plumber around to check the issue to no avail so far, unfortunately. We have an Ideal Logic+ c35 combi boiler. System...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, wish i knew this place was here earlier. I had a leak in my shower enclosure and it was obviously on the vertical bit where the side glass panel and frame meet the tiled wall and tray beneath. That corner. In certain circumstances wster had been leaking and rotten the silicone on the...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock