Discuss Help issus with Kitchen Extension Plumbing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Alison Penn

Hi please advise
Kitchen extension added last year with Island.
We now have two stopcocks in the house.
Due to water pressure we have to run a new pipe to house and due to two stopcock issue we have to rip up the floor and lay new pipes or we lose water to it as the pipes are concreted in and not capped.
Builder was in charge of who project and they are due round to discuss as saying our issue and our cost.
We are no experts on plumbing and believe as they fitting to old pipework to extension we now have to mess to deal with.

Afraid it looks like it's down to you. They adapted your existing plumbing to suit the island. They would not have known that you were going to need to increase the water main.

I'd say it boils down to initial consultation. I would've made an assessment based on water need/usage, pressure and flow then if a pipework upgrade was required then I'd leave it up to the customer to decide if they could afford the extra. You've said the dreaded word which is "builder" did he at any point enlist a plumber in the planning stages?? Or has he done it all himself. I'd agree with chalked that if all they did was to feed the island they can't necessarily take into account any additional requirement unless it was mentioned up front

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help issus with Kitchen Extension Plumbing. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, We had an extension built seven years ago. Initially the builders' plumber connected the heating to the house system but this didn't work...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone I hope you can help. We were getting some work done and our builder attached the boiler condensate pipe to the sink waste pipe. This...
Replies
Views
We have issues with the plumbing in our old apartment and we have vibrations in the floor, especially after we have flushed a lot of water like...
Replies
Views
Hello hello,, Hoping there are some experts or experienced Bulgarian plumbing chaps in this site ?. Here in the UK I can fit a bathroom just with...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock