Search the forum,

Discuss Help an amateur with leaking radiator! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mrV

Hi guys,

My hall radiator has started leaking, it is coming from the top ball inbetween the front and back and it is also coming from the on/off adjuster knob, strangely, at first the leak was much worse when the radiator was turned off completely by turning the knob

Im unable to attach the pics for some reason it says post denied sorry

Thanks, Ben

Shut both valves - if they move nicely .

Do you know if a Sealed combi system , or OLD vented ?
-vented has a never ending supply of water from attic
(may need to shut everything off ! if ceased and leak is bad )

( and grab a plumber - unless have tools - time n patience! )

If you do tweak the Lock-shield end -(-under a cover-Prob no Knob)
count how many half turns cw to close .. for "radiator balancing" another day

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Help an amateur with leaking radiator! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

O
Hi All, We renovated our house in 2019 and put in completely new plumbing system and piping including new boiler and 9 radiators. Off those, there is one radiator in the living room which does not heat up at all. I have tried balancing myself and also had a professional come in to balance it...
Replies
Views
Hello All. Sorry, im new to the forum and had a quick look around, but I couldnt find any answers. I have an HE35 Isar boiler and over the past few weeks. Ive noticed a leak coming from pipes near my toilets. Ive checked the boiler pressure and it is near zero. Could this be a the cause of the...
Replies
Views
Some advice please about a really worrying problem. I live in a terraced 2 bed room house. 10 days ago the gas combi boiler stopped heating the radiators but still gave hot water to the shower and taps. Naturally we thought there was a fault with the boiler. We had already arranged a yearly...
Replies
Views
The pipework around the hot water tank in the airing cupboard has developed several leaks after a chemical flush. It's an open vented system. Any ideas on controlling or fixing the leak? Should I turn off the red valve (pic 1) that has a leak next to it and rundown the hot water? Pic 2 a...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock