Discuss Heating system and boiler fault finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

brady

Hello again, I am a GSR engineer, I would like to improve my experience in dignosing and fixing faults with heating systems and boilers. Can anyone reconmend any good books or preferably DVD's as I learn better thourgh videos

Many Thanks

The Baxi training course is really good. They don't just focus on their own boilers, but give you a good grounding in how boilers work, the sequence of operations, how to use a multimeter to check components, etc. It's a 3-day course, but well worth it.

I bought the Combi fault finding book by a chap called John Reginald. Very good, well layed out book. Tells you about each component, what to look for and reasoning when faulty and goes through the basic sequence. It's a good start but ultimately i'm looking at going on manufacturers courses.

thank you masood, i'll look in to it, hopefully there is on soonish. Has anyone tryed the mr combi DVD or simular DVD? Are they any good?

Has anyone tryed the mr combi DVD or simular DVD? Are they any good?

I haven't been on the Mr Combi course, but a few people who have, have said that it's not all that good - apparently they are mainly interested in selling their DVD and multimeters. This is just what I've heard and read on the forums from people who haven't enjoyed the course, so don't take it as fact!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating system and boiler fault finding in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello, I have a ferroli falcon 2 boiler (yes it is pretty old). A few days ago the hot water started going hot and cold when running. Monitoring...
Replies
Views
Hi all. I hope you are well. Need some advice on this boiler and fault. E229. Went there and condensate was totally blocked so cleaned it and...
Replies
Views
B
Issue with boiler short cycling in system with hot water tank. We have an ideal heating logic heat2 h15 boiler which feeds a hot water tank...
Replies
Views
Hello want to know on how do you calculate size of expansion tank for closed heating systems . for example 500 meters of 16mm underfloor heating...
Replies
Views
I think the last discussion was back in 2021. A few questions to guide any discussion. Which are the cheapest to heat over the year, system or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock