Search the forum,

Discuss Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

new b

I was helping a friend drain down his central heating system in the house
he had just moved in. I found that some of the rads bleeding valve had been over tighten to the point they had been rounded off, I bled the rads the best I could then refilled and again beld the rads best I could.When full I asked him to switch the heating on and nothing happend so I asked to switch the hotwater on the rads upstairs started to warm up but the down stair rads remained cold.
The pump for the system is upstairs near the hotwater storage cylinder and I think it is not working and would like to know if I'm correct

Are you sure the pumps not working.....you wouldnt have anything at all if it isnt.
If the rads are warming up in hot water mode, it sounds as though the motorised valve is at fault.

pumped or gravity ?? you will still get gravity circulatin on most domestic instalations due to poor design ,you will proberly find pump defective

I was helping a friend drain down his central heating system in the house
he had just moved in. I found that some of the rads bleeding valve had been over tighten to the point they had been rounded off, I bled the rads the best I could then refilled and again beld the rads best I could.When full I asked him to switch the heating on and nothing happend so I asked to switch the hotwater on the rads upstairs started to warm up but the down stair rads remained cold.
The pump for the system is upstairs near the hotwater storage cylinder and I think it is not working and would like to know if I'm correct
if its a freebie job take center screw out and use a screwdriver to spin it free
if its a paying job replace pump

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heating Problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock