Discuss Heat Protective Material in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaunc

Had a kitchen refit 18 months ago and decided to put a fake cupboard door in front of our boiler to disguise the yellowed case and to make it neater. Anyway due to communication problems the boiler became fully encased in a cupboard and the door is much closer to the front of the boiler than I'd have liked. It's about 3/4in away. Anyway the door is showing signs of cracking on the inside due to the heat. Just wondered whether anyone could suggest some material that I could use to try to protect the door a bit from the heat?

Currently trying a silicon baking sheet but think it's a bit thin and not offering much protection.

How about you install a vent on the door to get some air circulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat Protective Material in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

A bit of clarification - I have extended a 3 bedroom semi detached and at the time central heating pipes were going in I told the plumber could I...
Replies
Views
Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a little advice so I can try and save a bit of money this winter (especially considering the new prices!) I have an...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock