Search the forum,

Discuss Heat Protective Material in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

shaunc

Had a kitchen refit 18 months ago and decided to put a fake cupboard door in front of our boiler to disguise the yellowed case and to make it neater. Anyway due to communication problems the boiler became fully encased in a cupboard and the door is much closer to the front of the boiler than I'd have liked. It's about 3/4in away. Anyway the door is showing signs of cracking on the inside due to the heat. Just wondered whether anyone could suggest some material that I could use to try to protect the door a bit from the heat?

Currently trying a silicon baking sheet but think it's a bit thin and not offering much protection.

How about you install a vent on the door to get some air circulation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Heat Protective Material in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Good morning all, just a quick one here and i was wondering if someone could give a little advice on their own experience. I don't usually do a lot of installs or a tremendous amount of gas work but obviously when I do undertake these things then I try my best to keep within the appropriate...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical, carpentry it's been never ending. The house was built by Barratt Homes in the year 2000, it is a 3 bedroom house called a Palmerston, the CH/HW system is a Y...
Replies
Views
M
Hi everyone. Really need some urgent advice on how to sort this and why this happened. Our normal plumber/gas engineer has been cleaning our heating system due to loud knocking noises the year before and after tests of water were done he used F3, then DS40 & F1 per the results, but nearing the...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Everyone, I'm looking for a little advice so I can try and save a bit of money this winter (especially considering the new prices!) I have an Ideal boiler (Vogue Max System 18) and a hot water tank (Heatrae Sadia Megaflo). On the boiler I only have 1 dial to turn the water temp up or down...
Replies
Views
So I bought my first flat recently (am in UK) and in a bit of a pickle as the bathroom has turned up lots of problems that weren't picked up by the survey. I have had loads of plumbers over, and have always carefully checked their reviews/tried to vet them as much as possible. However, I've had...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock