Search the forum,

Discuss He15 Ideal Boiler. Programmer light 'on'. status 0. water boiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

boilerstressed

Hi All!

Really hoping someone can help.

Have had 4 separate engineers out regarding my above mentioned boiler as it would spradically display the LF error code.

Each engineer changed various parts and it would work for a while but the error always came back.

On Friday a 'technical engineer' came out and said he thinks it's because the condensate trap (?) was blocked and also replaced spark generator. Saturday morning watwr is BOILING hot, when I looked at programmer it was on but status on boiler was 0 (no demand for heat) usually I can hear watwr tank in the morning but heard nothing this morning yet water still boiling hot all day!

From what I can see immersion is not on?!

Now I'm panicking it's STILL broken and just read a horrible story online about tanks in the lofts boiling through ceilings!?!

You need a gsr with an unvented cylinder ticket. Just by what you've said I've a pretty good idea what's going on. Just can't tell you because with these things a little knowledge is a dangerous thing. Turn it all off at the spur.

So the very best thing you can do is get one of us out. Post a thread in here - http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=33 and remember to include roughly where you are.

Here endeth the thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to He15 Ideal Boiler. Programmer light 'on'. status 0. water boiling in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

The problem is, my ideal boiler logic heat h15 keeps on burning (igniting flame icon on) all the time, all day long, regardless of the programmed on off schedule for both heating and hot water. when we have the heating turned off from the thermostat programmer (danfoss tp9000ma-si), i.e frosted...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
B
Hi, Have had a fault on our Ideal Icos HE15 boiler for a couple of weeks, keeps failing to light and shows LF (or FL) error. Boiler engineer came out today and checked boiler, no issues found. Then checked the gas supply, it seems when boiler demand came on the pressure at the meter dropped...
Replies
Views
I currently have a Vaillant ecoTEC Plus 438 system boiler which is 13 years old. I have been having problems with the boiler which potentially boils down to the heat exchanger so I am now looking to bite the bullet and have a new boiler installed. My set up at home is that I have a 4-bed...
Replies
Views
N
Hi All I know I know ... another HE24 LF code problem. Fix is replace boiler ;-) My problem is slightly different to other posts I've been reading in that the boiler works fine for 95% of the time. It will often go a few days then we get the LF code. We hit reset and it always always...
Replies
Views
Mikesin
M
Hello folks - first post here. Last week our faulty Honeywell ST6100C programmer was replaced by a ST9100C, this being the Honeywell-recommended replacement. Our regular heating engineer did the swap because the backplate was stuffed, so a simple DIY clip-on swap wasn't possible (by me at least...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock