Search the forum,

Discuss Hard water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tombarry

Hi I've been trying to remove Taps valves in a large 1980's property
all the taps have problems dripping- poor flow and most isolators if any don'twork
visually there's crusty lime scale everywhere .Some taps will be replaced, but access is a big problem
some have been boxed in and tiled. Anyways I was just about suggest installing a water softener as I opened a cubbard
there stood a water softener but never used apparently?
If I can convince them to use it or should it be replaced with a modern unit but with maybe a company who maintains it for them
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll prob find that the gel has gone and will need replacement anyway

Thanks for replies - right I'll speak to the owner later in the week about the softner and no I've not tested the water seems a good place to start
what kit would use suggest?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hard water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

About 9 months now, started suffering intermittent but frequent hydraulic shock thwacks, sometimes very violent, below Harvey's water softener in mains cold copper pipe. So far, water tank ballcock replaced, kitchen mixer tap replaced, Harvey's serviced the water softener, approx. 5 years old...
Replies
Views
The Water Board have just replaced the main water supply to our property. We have a ground floor combi boiler. The central heating system for the whole house is working as normal. Hot water is working as normal on the ground floor. However, there is no hot water to the first floor bathroom. This...
Replies
Views
Looking for any ideas to help. I've a Heatrae Sadia Hot Water tank, heated through Oil fired boiler (working fine). A week ago I reset the air gap as I was having dripping from the pressure relief valve. Since then I've lost a lot of pressure from the hot water feed to my shower. The rest of...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate for the water used. The incoming water go via a pressure relief valve [most likely its this one: Heatrae Sadia 8 Bar Pressure Relief Valve -...
Replies
Views
Hello all, first time poster so if there is any additional information I can provide that may help, please let me know. Our kitchen mixer tap has been intermittently dripping from the hot tap, and the cold tap is squeaking when you turn it. Possibly two different issues, possibly related? The...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock