Discuss Hard water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tombarry

Hi I've been trying to remove Taps valves in a large 1980's property
all the taps have problems dripping- poor flow and most isolators if any don'twork
visually there's crusty lime scale everywhere .Some taps will be replaced, but access is a big problem
some have been boxed in and tiled. Anyways I was just about suggest installing a water softener as I opened a cubbard
there stood a water softener but never used apparently?
If I can convince them to use it or should it be replaced with a modern unit but with maybe a company who maintains it for them
cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll prob find that the gel has gone and will need replacement anyway

Thanks for replies - right I'll speak to the owner later in the week about the softner and no I've not tested the water seems a good place to start
what kit would use suggest?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Hard water in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock