Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Guess what? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

A month ago, I asked for help in stopping a slow(1 drop of water/second) bathtub faucet leak and was advised to call a plumber to fix it. Great (and expensive) advice, which I would have taken if it were in a house I lived in and was responsible for water usage.
I live in a condo and the 269 other owners pay a monthly maintenance fee which includes water. So I didn't mind the drip except for the sound and out of curiosity I pulled up the shower diverter valve and turned it clockwise. Guess what? the drip stopped.

A month ago, I asked for help in stopping a slow(1 drop of water/second) bathtub faucet leak and was advised to call a plumber to fix it. Great (and expensive) advice, which I would have taken if it were in a house I lived in and was responsible for water usage.
I live in a condo and the 269 other owners pay a monthly maintenance fee which includes water. So I didn't mind the drip except for the sound and out of curiosity I pulled up the shower diverter valve and turned it clockwise. Guess what? the drip stopped.
Well, thanks for coming back to us, but it is to be regretted if that is all you took from the free advice some of us bothered to give you:

- can you contrive a way of diverting the water directly into the waste outlet? For example, by putting a length of wastepipe to run directly from the dripping tap (faucet) to the waste.

- if time is pressured on respray then cut the pipe and fit isolating valves which you can turn off now

What you actually asked was how you could block the slow leak from a tub faucet, not how to mend it, nor how to isolate it. You didn't explain the situation and, had you told us that it was a shower diverter tap, the solution you found would have been obvious, so you win no points for finding a solution that required information you didn't choose to share with us. You may find the drip will restart from the showerhead, but perhaps you could move that out of the way.

To be honest, I'm still confused as to what the situation was even now you've explained it. You wanted to repaint your bathtub somewhere you DON'T live, so the relevance of where you DO live or how your condo is maintained is beyond me, or perhaps the salient point is that it isn't a house. You've lost me.

By the way, your post would have been better added to your previous thread rather than start a new one. Perhaps one of the admin will wish to merge Blocking a slow leak - https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/blocking-a-slow-leak.121073/#post-1111207 ?

Last edited:

Reply to Guess what? in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone have an idea why I occasionally hear (about once every hour or longer) a hammer related noise...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, Is this set up correct: Attic stop valve turns off the cold water to my bathroom (I think it is the rising main in the attic which...
Replies
Views
In our sealed Megalo system, when hot water tap is used (say in bathroom shower) the megaflo is taking in some fresh water, I guess to compensate...
Replies
Views
Context for issue: Last winter the temperature switch on my boiler shorted somehow, the boiler was then running WAY too hot and ended up...
Replies
Views
Hey guys in the know. I have paid for a heating and plumbing contract and had to pay my excess 3 times for the same thing still not fixed. The...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock