Discuss gas hob clearance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
That’s not gonna work! How would you make 50mm clearance around a hob!? The hob simply will go through the hole! There’s a hob and there’s a free-standing cooker

I know that but if it was mentioning 50mm either side of the hob without being able to see the image in question I thought it must be referring to a free standing cooker.

cant upload the pic it wont let me its been posted on here somewhere

found this it puts it in clear English - well done gas safe better than corgi book [DLMURL]http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/landlords/1-april-2009-tb-022-installation-of-previously-used-domestic-gas-cooking-appliances.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
found this it puts it in clear English - well done gas safe better than corgi book [DLMURL]http://www.hse.gov.uk/gas/landlords/1-april-2009-tb-022-installation-of-previously-used-domestic-gas-cooking-appliances.pdf[/DLMURL]

Haha isn't that what I said???????

Last edited by a moderator:
That’s not gonna work! How would you make 50mm clearance around a hob!? The hob simply will go through the hole! There’s a hob and there’s a free-standing cooker

Pleas tell me you are at the wind up haha

I know that but if it was mentioning 50mm either side of the hob without being able to see the image in question I thought it must be referring to a free standing cooker.

It doesn't matter if its a hob or a slot in cooker ( as long as the cooker doesn't have the high level grill, as there is the 150 mm either side to contend with if the units are lower than the grill there is a chance of the grill setting fire to them so there needs to be the 150mm either side)
So either a hob or slot in cooker needs to have the height of the wall units taken into consideration when determining the vertical line of the edge of the wall unit to the hot plate
The diagram in the TB is fairly clear to me

It doesn't matter if its a hob or a slot in cooker ( as long as the cooker doesn't have the high level grill, as there is the 150 mm either side to contend with if the units are lower than the grill there is a chance of the grill setting fire to them so there needs to be the 150mm either side)
So either a hob or slot in cooker needs to have the height of the wall units taken into consideration when determining the vertical line of the edge of the wall unit to the hot plate
The diagram in the TB is fairly clear to me

I agree tb diagram is clear corgi book is terrible and viper saying that my books are a few years old

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas hob clearance in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Just to be really clear I will not be doing any of the work mentioned below. This will all be carried out by Gas Safe Engineers. We're in the...
Replies
Views
Hi guys, I'll try to describe my issue as best I can but I've attached a video and linked to some images below that might do a better job of...
Replies
Views
Hi, some professional advice would be greatly appreciated, We are having an Unvented Cylinder installed into our 2 bedroom ground floor flat. I...
Replies
Views
A couple of years ago, my mother moved house and paid an RGI to move her existing ca. 1981 Solaire New World cooker into her new house (there was...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I was asked to install a gas hob today, the manufacturers inst recommend 300mm to any combustable material at side of hob, the clearance I...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock