Discuss gas fire chimney adivce needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

carpstu

have been asked to put a bird guard on the chimney
chimney has a clay pot on top can someone let me know what to put on and where to get one from please

buildersmerchant and get a bird guard thats suitable for gas applinceds, see the side of the box, easy peasee

have been asked to put a bird guard on the chimney
chimney has a clay pot on top can someone let me know what to put on and where to get one from please

does the flue have a gas appliance and are you gsr?

no am not gsr and it has a gas fire under
the gsr plumber came and checked the fire and the boiler for the landloard cert said
to the owner just to get a bird guard put on

would not get involved,unless its being checked after you,would be better to fit a gc1 not a bird gaurd

gas council one definition 5 inch terminal if appliance class 2 if class 1, 7 inch terminal,the gc1 is quite cheap and readily available but any flue regardless of whats done must be retested flueflow and spillage you would be responsable in the eyes of the law if anything happened unless re checked by a gsr engineer,so cover yourself mate

Last edited by a moderator:
Did one last week after taking over a BG. serviced fire, catchment space was full of feathers and nesting material..BG. never had the closure plate off in years, the customer was not amused.. there was also a strip of "wood" behind CP and the service pipe was not taped up

I also had the flue swept.

I spent 2 hours on fire, she said BG. usually take 20 mins!!

I have cat ladder, triple tens, a good mate to foot the ladder and i am well insured...dont work on fires i you dont know what you are doing... ( unless you are BG as they are a law unto themselves)

Pic rubbish , sorry..

Attachments

• Nokia 6301 298.jpg
    Nokia 6301 298.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 44
Last edited by a moderator:
It's not just BG

I do servicing at social housing.

First job, whilst removing cover of combi to clean etc, tenant advised that prev engineers had not done that!! And that's just the cover

Next job, BBU and fire, fire failed spillage test and capped. BBU was dirty. Engineer last year took 15 mins to service BBU and fire and did not even look in the cupboard at the meter and do a tightness test!!

Hi! Gasman,

It seems to happen all over the place. At one time some of the Housing Associations seemed to change service companies each year. Which acted like a check on each companies work. But the hassle it involved was tremendous. It played one company off against another.

But it was probably a safer way of doing things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to gas fire chimney adivce needed in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys. I'm trying to identify a toilet model before ordering a seat for a customer. I went to what used to be a Roca stockist (they no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, basic question, any insight much appreciated. Looking to have an outdoor tap in my front porch fed from 15mm pex coming up from suspended...
Replies
Views
Back