Discuss Gas Cert Work vs Installations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

There are two types of business people hunters and farmers.The Hunter is greedy and kills the cow eats burgers for 3 months and starves to death. The farmer ME and my associates just milk the cow for years. Set ur model up with the gas engineers getting £100 + per visit, then add ur small % then see what the final price is and come back to us then my boys were the best paid in Merseyside and it worked.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking

There are two types of business people hunters and farmers.The Hunter is greedy and kills the cow eats burgers for 3 months and starves to death. The farmer ME and my associates just milk the cow for years. Set ur model up with the gas engineers getting £100 + per visit, then add ur small % then see what the final price is and come back to us then my boys were the best paid in Merseyside and it worked.
Rob Foster aka centralheatking
There is something in this, I agree.
If you pay the workforce well, they see that they get good money, job satisfaction and little of the organisation, pricing work, dealing with problems and paperwork etc.
A lot would take that as opposed to being self employed. They also work to keep their jobs because they know they are on a good number.

I know guys who work for liberty gas they do 10 jobs (cp12s) a day I think they’re on £20 per appliance.

They will do a gas fire and boiler in 30mins and away they go.

Me personally your looking at around 2 hours for a cp12 with a fire and boiler.

I would like to be as quick as them I need to ask them what do they have for breakfast.

Half hour to do a boiler at fire. That's ludacris!!

By time I've taken tools out of van, greeted customer, done a let by and tightness test that's probably about 10+ minutes gone already.

Half hour to do a boiler at fire. That's ludacris!!

By time I've taken tools out of van, greeted customer, done a let by and tightness test that's probably about 10+ minutes gone already.

I think they have rocket fuel to drink in the morning lol.

In my opinion their trick is tightness test, analyse the boiler, stick a smoke bomb under the fire (air gap), check outside for the smoke and cp12 complete.

A lad I know was approached by liberty gas to work on a social housing contact they expect him to visit 13 houses a day. I told him are you nuts it’s not worth it.

TBF, the OP at no point mentioned a service. He said Gas Cert. So, technically, no legal reason to even do a TT, and certainly not a service. I suspect , though, he is not offering £40 for a Poke and Go, which plenty of guys are happy to do for BG for £20.

WOW! A TT isn't required to issue a cp12? But there's a question on the cert. Very weird .

To the OP, monkeys work for peanuts, Gas Engineers go to prison if we miss something and someone dies.

£30 is an absolute insult, I do them for £50 for customers how have a couple of houses, and in you've got 100s of houses it's still min £50 .

Go and sell you business idea else where, why the Damn would I want to make you rich you muppet? By offering £30 you are actually encouraging people to rush, cut corners and endanger life.

Please be so kind as to take your business idea, shove it up your arse and Damn off while you're doing it.

Regards.

Yep dont need to tt on a llgsc only gas rate or input pressure and fga basically (on a boiler)

I guess it makes sense don't have to do a TT on a service.

Just thinking about the op total cert vs installation. It's like he's saying what you rather do, work like a Japanese beaver all day or do some nice certs. What this clown doesn't realise is, lots of boiler installers aren't even qualified to do certs on fire and cookers.

Maybe if he was asking for 10% of a cert price he may have some takers, 10% finders fee is OK in my opinion, but 50 percent, hahahahaha. Get Damned

Reply to Gas Cert Work vs Installations? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Hi gents and ladies, Making the probable mistake of buying a house at present : bit of a fixer with a shoddy but recent boiler installation...
Replies
Views
We have recently moved into a property which has a Worcester Greenstar Highflow 440 Standalone Combi gas boiler. This appears to be a relatively...
Replies
Views
Not sure what my options are here. Basically a friend of mine recommended his father in law to do our plumbing/gas work for our renovation. First...
Replies
Views
Hoping somebody can help, So, in a nutshell… Standard 90s Westbury home – condensing boiler, pump, wall thermostat, etc etc... Normal, common or...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock