Discuss FYI Corgi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Spudhater

Statement from Trading Standards >>

Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008

The Consumer Protection from Unfair Trading Regulations 2008 is legislation designed to protect consumers by prohibiting the use of unfair commercial practices. The legislation contains a list of practices which are considered unfair in all circumstances and are therefore banned, these include:

• Displaying a trust mark, quality mark, or equivalent without having obtained the necessary authorisation.

• Claiming that you have been approved,endorsed or authorised by a public or private body when you have not

CORGI is a private trade association and only its members are entitled use of its logo. Businesses that are not members should remove all references to CORGI approval and the logo from vehicles, invoices and marketing material with immediate effect. Failure to comply with this legislation is a criminal offence and can result in an unlimited fine and/or two years imprisonment.

E mail from a sinking ship if ever there was one

Did not renew this year,most people know Gas Safe taken over,so that reason has gone and they have failed to take advantage of the siduation and build anything constructive over the last year....RIP

imho

Trouble is for those firms that have their MCS through CORGI can still show the CORGI badge so it makes it very confusing for the averidge punter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to FYI Corgi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Catherine Dick was prosecuted by Halton Borough Council Trading Standards. The 33-year-old from Clayton Crescent in Runcorn, pleaded guilty to...
Replies
Views
R
and (i doubt it) if your on these forums or you know them...tough ****. Nottingham CP12 Gas Safety Certificate | Nottingham Lettings how very...
Replies
Views
Ermintrude
E
R
Good Afternoon Martin I deal with matters concerning the Gas Safe Register brand and trademarks, and in that respect, your recent e-mail has...
Replies
Views
WITH ALL THE REGULATIONS IN PLACE THESE DAYS, WE MUST BE SAFER NOW. AS YOU WILL SEE FROM THE (CO) CHART AT THE BOTTOM WITH ALL THE SAFER DESIGNS...
Replies
Views
S
is it just me or is everyone else getting sick and tired of being baby sat by these regulators first corgi who to be fair were not to bad but now...
Replies
Views
Rickster123
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock