Discuss french plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

been to south of france for holiday and like all plumbers could not resist looking at the local plumbing.i went into a hardware store and they had 10/12/14/16/18 and 22m copper fittings also all the radiator valves have a 1/2" female thread on the outlet and most were instaled with end feed male irons - abit of a long winded fitting job .all the radiators i saw were top to bottom entry i know this is a better way but it looks unsightly.i thought the toilet isolation valves were good like small taps

ant

I am always amused by the flueing systems they have on solid fuel stoves, single walled thin tin, with loads of bends usualy drapped across the kitchen, and dont even get me going on the safety controls on unvented or lack of them!!

Went back up to glasgow last weekend had a little browse around my auntys and grandpa's homes all the valves are top to bottom entry, hardly any pipes visible as the houses are mainly built on wooden platforms including the old ones, went to my cousins house her bathroom had just been done and was all quite tidy no flexi's there at all haha.

They make up alot of there own fittings, bossing tees into straight pipe then brazing them.

Their oil installs are quite fun, not a fire valve in sight oh and ce qui est un bunded tank?

been to south of france for holiday and like all plumbers could not resist looking at the local plumbing.i went into a hardware store and they had 10/12/14/16/18 and 22m copper fittings also all the radiator valves have a 1/2" female thread on the outlet and most were instaled with end feed male irons - abit of a long winded fitting job .all the radiators i saw were top to bottom entry i know this is a better way but it looks unsightly.i thought the toilet isolation valves were good like small taps

ant
the wall mounted valves are some thing id like to see here but most customers dont want to see the pipes at all

i know what you mean i saw several pipes brazed onto others / also the large visseman floor oil boiler was flued with a single skin flue liner about 4 foot before entering a flue block chimney supported by 2 50mm x 50mm 6mm thk angle brackets,if i figure out how to attach pics i will .

ant

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to french plumbing in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Morning all. I hope this is the correct place for this post. If not i'll happily move it to another forum area. I am renovating a property and...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
Sometimes in life you kick yourself, I bought a house in the Lot area last year, had been owned for 30 years by a british builder. Turns out that...
Replies
Views
Ah, the joys of older home ownership (1974). We thought our major plumbing issues were dealt with when we got rid of our orangeburg sewer line and...
Replies
Views
Spanish Plumbing Nightmare My house was built 14 years ago in the typical spanish way. I decided to refurbish the bathroom and modernise it. Let...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock