Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Free standing bath against wall advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jimmy

My bro in law has bought an Esprit free standing against wall bath tub from bathstore.
All it comes with is the tub itself and a surround panel which supports three sides of the tub.(It was an ex display but I have been assured that it is complete.)
My problem is this, the floor isn't level, it falls away from the wall and the wall leans back slightly. I put the surround panel in position against the wall and with the bottom of it touching there is an inch gap at the top.
How do I go about fitting this tub please? I have tried to e.mail the bathstore technical peeps but have heard nothing from them as yet.

My bro in law has bought an Esprit free standing against wall bath tub from bathstore.
All it comes with is the tub itself and a surround panel which supports three sides of the tub.(It was an ex display but I have been assured that it is complete.)
My problem is this, the floor isn't level, it falls away from the wall and the wall leans back slightly. I put the surround panel in position against the wall and with the bottom of it touching there is an inch gap at the top.
How do I go about fitting this tub please? I have tried to e.mail the bathstore technical peeps but have heard nothing from them as yet.
got a link to the bath?
can bath be cut into wall ? can you lose some of the gap behind tiles / flooring ?
you may have to lower the bath and scribe panel or build a plinth behind panel to finish to
bathstore technical only know about how to keep the tills running smooth

Roll Top Q-ESPRITWBS Esprit Wall BathSurround free standing bath. - Bathroom Taps and Showers

Here is a link to the bath. Bathstore no longer seem to have it on their website. I had thought about levelling the floor by building a step large enough to take the bath but I would prefer to keep the floor all one level.
I have the job of tiling the bathroom too and didn't fancy tiling around the bath. I realise though you can't always get what you want.
chop back edge into wall enough to allow the panel to be trimmed and youll have to do much the same to get the floor right lower the bath by whatever the gap is a front and scribe bottom of panel
if the panel has returned edges its gonna by difficult
you can cover a 5 mm gap with a sillicon mastic join anymore than that looks dodgy

Last edited:
Thank you all for your help, the bath tub is now installed and looks great. As I am doing the tiling as well I was able to level the floor and then scribe the back edges of the surround so it sat flush to the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Free standing bath against wall advice please in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock