Discuss Flush valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
20160217_100619.jpg20160217_102128.jpg

Anyone know where I can buy these valves. Got two toilets that are running continuously into the pan but some one has boxed in half the cistern so cannot change valve without smashing tiles out. Thought easier to just replace top half of valve.

Not seen that exact one before that I can remember, but take the old one to the merchants and check if it will fit in the base of any other valve, sometimes you get lucky. Some of them are interchangeable.
Is that a manufacturers logo near the bottom of the overflow, under the open part?

Not seen that exact one before that I can remember, but take the old one to the merchants and check if it will fit in the base of any other valve, sometimes you get lucky. Some of them are interchangeable.
Is that a manufacturers logo near the bottom of the overflow, under the open part?

I think it is a manufacturer's mark on it but not at the job. Wanted ideally to take with me so not too much faffing about.

It's the inlet valve you need to change not the syphon,seems strange that 2 have gone at the same time, so you will have to break the tiles, happens all the time but it looks nice until now,

It's the inlet valve you need to change not the syphon,seems strange that 2 have gone at the same time, so you will have to break the tiles, happens all the time but it looks nice until now,

Pretty sure Mutley knows the difference, he has been doing it long enough. lol

have you sent a pic to toiletspares? he identified one for me once that he doesn't even sell.

what i'd worry is that getting the right seal (for a fiver plus postage) might not solve it if the valve is cheap/badly made and the seat just won't take the seal fully anymore. i've had it a couple of times. then you've got to faff about returning it. and what if nowhere sells it the next time it goes? might be better to make a job of it, remove tiles, re-do with access (afterall what happens if/when flush cone leaks etc...) and put in a fluidmaster or something you can always buy a seal for locally, not that you'll ever have to because they last forever.

has anyone actually ever had cause to change the seal on a fluidmaster flush valve? i've changed some complete valves because twisted cables eventually gave up and have changed a few inlets that were probably over 10 years old but not a single flush seal

has anyone actually ever had cause to change the seal on a fluidmaster flush valve? i've changed some complete valves because twisted cables eventually gave up and have changed a few inlets that were probably over 10 years old but not a single flush seal

Never. Only ever had one inlet valve that I fitted new that wouldn't shut off. Fitted loads of their flush valves and inlets, very reliable.

I changed a seal on one Fluidmaster because it filled in when a basin tap was opened. Cured that problem but I ended up replacing entire valve with a new one because it was passing constantly a little.
I have replaced some of the black seals with the red low pressure Fluidmaster seals on gravity supplies.
Only other time to look at the seals is if I bit of dirt gets in the valve

Everything about the cistern and flush valves says to me it is Chinese.
The colour of the flush valve - that bluish top with white body, plus the cistern has plastic bolts to pan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Flush valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all, I am trying to find an alternative flush valve to fit the cradle of a ideal standard push btn flush. It is all tiled in and changing to a...
Replies
Views
Hello, I have to replace the flush valve and/or the washer but unfortunately it's inside the vanity unit. The only way is removing the toilet. I...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to change the system fill valve, but I’m struggling to dismantle the existing toilet to access underneath the tank, I’ve added some...
Replies
Views
I have a wall hung pan with a concealed cistern. The flush is the "old style" Grohe Eau2 dual flush pneumatic button. When pressed the flush valve...
Replies
Views
i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern. It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry The ideal standard is poor quality in...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock