Search the forum,

Discuss ideal standard dual flush valve problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

i have 3 sottini toilets with a compact cistern.

It has an ideal standard dual flush mechanism. 2" entry

The ideal standard is poor quality in my opinion, I have replaced the washer and complete unit several times but it always leaks within a short time (between 0-18 months),

I would like to replace with a better product. the problem is the cistern space is tight, so will not accept all flush valves types.
Also the nut that secures the valve assembly or holder to the cistern is in an enclosed space and no access to remove and replace so i need to use the same nut and match the thread pattern. Every type of unit i have tried to fit either doesnt fit the space or the thread doesnt match the exisitng nut so i cannot tighten it. I have tried several brands, this is expensive and frustrating.

can anyone tell me which brands will match the ideal standard 2" thread type please ?

Can you post a picture of the internals?

It sounds like you're leaving the cage attached and just changing the mechanism. Personally I would take the cistern off and change the whole lot

Can you post a picture of the internals?

It sounds like you're leaving the cage attached and just changing the mechanism. Personally I would take the cistern off and change the whole lot

Attachments

• fv20230603_125452.jpg
    fv20230603_125452.jpg
    211.4 KB · Views: 10
i have removed the cage, the nut for the that remains below the cistern and inside and is what I am trying to match. the connecting nuts/bolts for the cistern are badly corroded, not sure i can get it apart, or back together if i break them dissasembling.

thanks for replying btw

Never seen anything like that and probably for good reason.

I would suggest taking the cistern off and changing the entire thing. I typically use a dremel to cut the bolts when they're corroded.

Is it just a round flush button on the top of the cistern? If so try fitting something like this

Never seen anything like that and probably for good reason.

I would suggest taking the cistern off and changing the entire thing. I typically use a dremel to cut the bolts when they're corroded.

Is it just a round flush button on the top of the cistern? If so try fitting something like this

i tried the Siamp 50, it looks a better product , but the 2" locking nut that remains inside (part of the ideal standard kit) has a different thread and i am unable to tighten and create a seal.

i have 3 toilets the same, this is why im trying to find a product that matches.

You have to split the cistern and pan to replace the nut as well you will also need a new donut washer

You will probably have to multi too the old wing nuts off

I highly doubt you'll find one. I expect the reason you are having issues and that flush valve isn't widely used is because it is rubbish.

The siamp is a good replacement because it's 2 inch as most flush valves are 1 1/2" but you will have to take the cistern off the pan no matter which you replace it with

Reply to ideal standard dual flush valve problem in the UK Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic nut about the same size as the one going into the cistern but has a different thread. Attached is a photo. Can you advise. Thanks.
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new brackets, dismantle that existing one and start again or I could try and re attach via those screws, removing the broken ones from the plate and wall...
Replies
Views
I have a plumber coming tomorrow to change a cartridge on a badly dripping tap on my bathroom mixer unit. There is no separate isolating valve for this tap so I'll have to close the stopcock. I tried closing it today but it won't go absolutely 100% closed and there is still a very slight flow...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4 times since. It’s an upstairs bathroom, fed from a tank in the attic. The tank is about 8 Meters away and feeds a bath, sink and toilet. The tank...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock