Search the forum,

Discuss Fixing leak between tank and toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hello I'm completely lost here I have a leak between my toilet and the tank I have looked up how to repair it but I'm a bit confused as the bolts on my toilet don't go into the tank itself and I can't see anyway if removing the tank to replace the part in between is there any other way of fixing this without calling a plumber as I can't afford that please any help would be great

If it's a close coupled cistern (tank) the bolts or wing nuts are under the pan.
There's a plate between the 2 that the bolts slot in to.

picture courtesy © helpful colin

path of leaking water helpful colin.PNG

If your cistern:
a. Is close coupled (i.e. attached directly to the pan). AND
b. Doesn't have two bolts in the bottom going through to the pan.
Then it will have a close coupling kit between underside of the cistern and the pan. Have a look at "Screwfix close coupling kit" to see what it is.

Reply to Fixing leak between tank and toilet in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Afternoon all, It appears my toilet inlet pipe has developed a leak at on of the top 2 joints (between plastic pipe into toilet and between copper pipe with isolator screw) I'll attach pic. Just wondering what the fitting is that I need. Thanks, G
Replies
Views
hi all, i need help to fix the leak from a pipe connected to the water pump via flexi pipe and it is feed from the immersion heater. I have emptied the water tank in the loft and also closed the main stopcock. still the leak is on - hoping it will eventually stop. I have not idea how the...
Replies
Views
This unit is located in France where they use diesel not kerosene. The feed from the underground tank is not getting through to the boiler. The boiler works fine if I connect the hoses up to a remote tank of diesel. I am assuming that a filter is blocked somewhere but there is nothing between...
Replies
Views
Hello, My tenant toilet has just started to fill up really slow, he has said it takes 20mins to fill the tank, what could be the issue? He provided a short video that I have attached. Would be good to know what to look for, or what parts to take when going to take a look. Thank you good...
Replies
Views
Hi, as is the toilet my toilet once flashed just keeps running when I move the blue float up-and-down The toilet will stop running and refil as normal but the problem persist. Is there anything I can do to fix this quickly or do i need replacement parts ?? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock