Search the forum,

Discuss Fire in open fireplace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
F

Foodface

Has anyone come across anyvgas fires situated in open fireplaces (not sat in a builders opening).
The fire was sat in an old victorian fire place which was in effect and open chimney, I have ID'd it for various reasons, but have never come across such a fire setting. Just wondered if anyone else had seen this?

The gas valve and burner were shagged, so were the coals. It was also not lighting safely. It was goosed, not cone across one in an open chimney/fire place before though.

The gas valve and burner were shagged, so were the coals. It was also not lighting safely. It was goosed, not cone across one in an open chimney/fire place before though.

Didn't you cover DFE's in your ACS assessments?

I see them all the time. Easiest things to work on in the game. Just remember to check for ventilation as most of them require a vent.

I love the sarky comments on here, I did do dfe's whilst training thanks. This particular fire was in a situation I had not encountered before, not got pics no. If the fire was in working condition I woukd have tested it and seen how it operated but it was shagged.

Was only enquiring as to whether anyone had come across anything similar as with all the fires I have done I have always come across ones in builders openings etc and not in an open chimney/fireplace.

Theres nothing wrong with asking if your not sure! No matter how daft the question or wether you've covered it in your acs, people forget or come across a situation they've not seen before. The dangerous people are the 1's who second guess and try to save face.

Well said Reltub.

Have you got an details of the fire at all? I'm interested as to what it was and how it was fitted tbh.

You are dead right there reltub and thank you arran197, cos in my haste for the quick answer I didn't even bother googling it. Just went straight on here like a titter. It's a multiglow bespoke fire for original fireplaces. Duh. So it's all OK apart from the fact its knackered.

Quote>Was only enquiring as to whether anyone had come across anything similar as with all the fires I have done I have always come across ones in builders openings etc and not in an open chimney/fireplace.

Is this not the same. (Builders opening/open chimney/fireplace) Can we expand on this.

Look it's quite simple, I came across something that I had not encountered before and decided to ask. I have since resolved my queries with the help of people on here who want to help people as opposed to trip them up in posts.

There really isn't anything to expand on as previously stated I have sourced the fire make and model, to answer my queries.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Fire in open fireplace in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hey there I'm looking for some advice on a potential issue I'm having with an old back boiler. So just moved into my parents' old house with my partner, it's a terrace with back to back chimneys in the kitchen and the sitting room. The fireplace in the kitchen is the old back boiler that hasn't...
Replies
Views
J
Hi all, I am a plumber but I do not carry out works to boilers as the majority of my is bathrooms so I am not gas safe. I have completed a bathroom for a regular customer. She is of old age and is starting to get a little clumsy and her son has asked me to look at the old gas fire/back...
Replies
Views
All, Belfast, Northern Ireland. I am in a bit of a predicament. I have recently had a stove fitted in a chimney that had a disconnected and capped gas fire. The old gas line went straight out the back wall and was visibly capped a short distance from the gas meter. A simple pull out job. Upon...
Replies
Views
Hi My grandmothers property has a back boiler heated by a solid fuel appliance using coal. Yes, I know. She’s stubborn! Unfortunately the property has been vacant for a long while, a pipe froze and burst and left damp. It’s imperative we get the house heated and warmed up enough to dry it...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I'm facing an issue with my Vaillant EcoTec 832 boiler and would greatly appreciate your expert advice. The Problem: Heating Not Working Normally. When I turn on the heating, it doesn’t start. However, I still receive hot water, suggesting the boiler does work in some...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock