Discuss finding that perfect job!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lamby

hi there how you all doing!!

im a new member to this site so a bit rusty

im 24 and have recently finished doing my nvq lv2 gas installation and maintenance and im looking for work,it hasn't been easy thats for sure!!
while i was studying for the course i was working for 7 months voluntary to gain experience practically but now i passed im looking to get some paid work,companies who i have spoke to all say they have nothing at the moment or i have not enough exsperience, i know theres a hell of alot more to learn but im confident in the knowlege i have so far, i just need that break.

is there any other people in the same situation as me?? it would be good to here your feedback.
cheers guys
LAMBY:)

it is not your fault but you do not have enough experience for most companies ,you have to understand that if you do make a mistake they are held as liable as you,this is why they ask for at least 4 years post training experience,if they take on trainees their insurence goes up as well .it realy is down to these training companies to explain this to you.just read ad on this site become a plumber in a few weeks its easy and you can earn £30,000 just like that!some of them say there are 30,000 plumbing jobs going begging there are not at the moment there are more like 30,000 plumbers going begging

yeah i have done my ACS exams for ccn1,cen1,wat1i haven't completed the rest e.g cookers,fires etc due to cash flow but as soon as i get work i can complete them its just very difficult getting on board a company.

cheers.

yeah i totally agree about being them being liable as you maybe that is what is scaring these companies away in these bad times! i did see the ad at the bottom of this site for 1 its not easy and 2 no way would any reputable employer give 30,000 to a new starter!! lol

thanks david

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to finding that perfect job!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I'm would like to extend an existing outside tap to another point in the garden. I'm about to pour a concrete patio and was hoping to...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock