Search the forum,

Discuss filling old flue hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 32524

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all. Thanks for looking. I have 2 questions

1 how to fill old flue hole that does not conform to regs. Problem is its 3 floors up. Can't be reached from window. How to fill from inside!!?? If even poss.

2 gas line has to go past electric maim isolation switch before consumer unit. Only got about 55 mm at its narrowist. Is my thinking right that if i run my gas line in inch and qtr plastic pipe past all the electrical boxes and that this would be ok?

Thanks for the help.

Duncan

Been thinking it. Just gonna pay someone who is braver than me to go 9m up and close it from outside. I'll take the hit to save my new snickers trousers.

Different route to next room and up to attic space that way. Keeps me miles from the boxes and keeps me well over the 150mm.

use scaffold, no brainer.

more elbows for the gas line and move it away fm the consumer unit

Thanks lame. I would need rescuing even on scaffolding. I am scared of heights. Most jobs the hole is already useable and within my height range or get my builder mate to make good to a good finish on brick up and whatever wall type but, he says no way to it too.

Yeah I agree with you too on re-route. Keep it simple.

Thanks for looking and taking the time to answer.

Last edited:
When I was younger I used to run up a ladder that height easily now I'm shaking like a leaf if I go above 3mtrs! And don't get me started on roof work!

Hire a 3 teir 18rung monster! Get u on the 4th floor roof nee bova!

Thank you folks. I appreciate the responses. Still not sure what I will do. Think a monkey from pub sounds best!! Lol. I just could not go up the 9 m. Yes, I am a wimp!!

2 cans of CRAZY FOAM!!! Should sort it out double quick time.....it's not your house right:tounge_smile:

you need 10m of string, a vent bigger than the hole and a tube of sticks like. squeeze, pull tight, job done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to filling old flue hole in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock