Discuss Ferroli F30B Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tony

Good morning everyone,
new to the site, i need some help with the above boiler. I had the above boiler fitted yesterday which i purchased from a friend of the family, ie: it was used already. had it plumbed in by a plumber etc. when we turned the power on all i get is a continuos pilot light ticking away. The display has no life except for a small and very dim light glowing in the background. My plumber will not touch it as he says is probably the pcb board that has failed. He has come to this conclusion as the fault as the fan is not even spinning/working either. The plumber used is a highly recommended to me and i do not dought what is says, i just need a second opinion from another experienced person or persons just so i can put my mind at rest.
I need to understand what i should be looking at or possible causes to this problem.

regards
tony

firstly you say plumber??
is he a gas engineer because if he is he should also be able to test the components including gas valve to determine why its not firing its isnt a diy process so either get a gas engineer or ask the guy you have paid why its not working

Have you got a proper manual with a schematic of the PCB, if so then check the voltages. The board is split into 230v and 24v sections. Mains should be terminated on a block so start here (use a correctly set multimeter). Fan should run continuous as it keeps pressure difference between room and appliance, should speed up when boiler fires.
As said it is essential that the fitter is capable of commissioning the boiler as per spec before putting it into service.
Lastly what guarantee did you have the boiler was working before you got it, did you see it working? If not then get your money back and get a proper job done - it will save money and maybe not compromise your house insurance!!!!

well if fan not running and ignition working ,something is badly wrong
wired incorrectly maybe
As said you are going to have to get someone in who knows what they are doing,as you should have done in the first place,once you buy a pcb you can not take it back and it gets expensive just changing parts on the off chance,can be alot more expensive than getting someone in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Ferroli F30B Combi Boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi All I have a leak coming from within my Mira Elite QT shower. It seems to be flowing from behind the switching Control. Any ideas what could...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock