Discuss fed up with Ideal boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive decided to put in a new boiler, its just getting too expensive with all the parts and labour and even if the gas valve is replaced it might not solve all the issues with the noise. It seems that because the flue was not fiited correctly this has corroded parts in the boiler. The plumber fits Bosch boilers so I hope they are more reliable than Ideal.

For the future is a scheme like British Gas Homecare worth it - without too many arguments!!

Thanks for all the advicexxx

I have had an Ideal Isar for 5 years and it has broke down at least twice a year since it was 2 year old..

It has just about been completely rebuilt by my boiler insurance... i too am going to replace it this year.

I do not want another winter having to wait around 2 weeks for engineers to come out and then have to order parts.

New boiler for me..

worcestor bosch or remeha for me....

big things coming from remeha in next year or two and now the prices are lower than wb.

i like worcestors though :)

like for like no more than 1800 or i'll come and do it for you lol

think it may have advertantly been bounced around and lost gas man, unintentionally.
unlike heating-eng.

I'm sure BG do have happy customers, but there seems to be quite a few unhappy ones as well.

All feedback is that of the poster. And opinions are just that...opinions.

Think you're quite right Dave. There are also quite a lot of unhappy Engineers at the moment. Those up the top make life very difficult for those at the coal face.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to fed up with Ideal boiler in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock