Search the forum,

Discuss faulty valve on performa 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

everflow09

hi all. got a faulty divertor (i think) on a potterton performa 24.
The valve switch makes at front of valve but the switch on top is slightly to short. if pushed with screw driver the boiler fires. does this mean a new divertor valve or diaphram??

many thanks

remove the small diaprahm you will either find a blocked orifice in the body,or faulty diaprahm does NOT require a new valve

Bout £300 if I have to drive upto to you old son. depends on your area tho, anywhere from £55 for a callout and parts extra going up

lol

many thanks. i aint too hot on breakdowns as mainly do installs

right well your about to learn,drain the heating via a doc,isolate elecs,remove rear microswitch,remove lh side panel,remove 4x slot screws on the flow switch houseing,carefull not to lose spring/plunger,remove diaprahm look for wear/holes,check small orifice under the diaprahm for blockages use a needle or similar,fit new diaprahm and re-assemble but before you do this make absolutely sure the pump has not gone as you will get the same symptoms

Have i got to drain the whole system cant i isolate valves under boiler

you can and drain via the white drain off,forgot to mention theres small hydrolic pipe to undo as well,this repair would take about an hour to do but allow a bit longer if unfamiliar with the boiler

Just thought I'd bump this thread for similar advice. :)

A client called me to say they have a problem. I got there and it turns out that the heating is always on. So they have to switch off the boiler and on again when they want H/W or they'll roast in this heat. So I looked further and the spindle for the diverter valve is extended and operating the C/H microswitch. I pushed it down but it resists and pushes up with force. So all's pretty simple and I reckon it's a new C/H PDV diaphragm. Or does anyone suggest something different?
I'd like to know of other possibilities on my learning curve.

What I'd like to know in addition to any advice is if a Gas Safe engineer has to do this repair, as I'm a qual'd plumber only. I always thought that if it's not related to flues and gas seals then it's ok to do, but reading things in here, I'm not so sure anymore. Conflicting advice that I've been told.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to faulty valve on performa 24 in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock