Discuss External Pipe Clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

PriestyUK

Gas Engineer
Hi guys doing a landlord cert in a house converted to flats, pipework comes out of wall mounted meter box and rises 5m up the wall and through the sofit. The pipework is clipped with plastic clips but not the close lock type. Am I right to write this down as NCS guys?

Many thanks

George

Hey buddy, you could. I think a lot of it boils down to the potential for damage if it's a high traffic/ busy area. Why I tend to always use munsons externally. They just give that little extra solidity

or get it done in mild steel pipe, wont get damaged then, but just suggest it to the customer as its all you can do now

Cheers for your replies guys, landlord is up for changing clips so that's cool, explained to him the potentials of them not being as secure. It's a student let and on a busy road/driveway.

You guys are right about NCS but I still like to call it that :( my bad

def ncs, male back plates and munsens or simular is what id use. keeps the pipework off the wall enough to make it easy to solder (keeps the fittings out the sleeve)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to External Pipe Clips in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi guys, first post here So I have been boxing in a number of heating pipes that are throughout my garage since the boiler was located there by...
Replies
Views
Hello, bit of a noob question but would someone be able to help me to understand the pipes coming off our boiler. It's a Grant oil combi boiler...
Replies
Views
I apologise in advance that this might not make sense or be full of silly/obvious questions, but I am a novice at all this! We have recently...
Replies
Views
J
Hi Looking to 'crowd-source' some public opinion on this one. I bought a studio apartment on 30th September 2022 and I'm currently working with...
Replies
Views
Hi, I live in a block of 5 flats. The 5 meters are mounted outside in a row, according to the flat numbers, 1-2-3-4-5. Flat 4 is a rental and had...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock