Discuss exchanging a hot water cylinder for a undersink heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Macca2009

Hi there, don't know if this one has been covered before or not. We currently have a hot water cylinder on an immersion. Don’t currently have gas in property, as Northern Gas Networks have quoted nearly a grand to do. Our electric bill was ridiculous last quarter; we also have crappy storage heaters. I was thinking of doing away with the cylinder and fitting an under sink water heater instead. Was guna put it under kitchen sink, we only have that and a sink in the bathroom (no bath, just a shower cubicle with electric shower). What are other people’s thoughts on this and has anyone else done it? My theory is that it would be cheaper to use than the immersion and would do for a year or so until we can afford the gas connection and fit a combi. Any help and advice would be great.

Thanks

Richard

Electric combi boiler, gets rid of your cylinder and storage heaters. Would be cheaper than the storage heaters.

Under sink heater Hyco Speedflow 15L should do your sink and basin.

undersink water heater at less than 15l any plumber can install and easy way to get hw for sink and basin,

[DLMURL]http://www.elnur.es/download/manuales/CM%20y%20CMX%20manual.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
boil the kettle to wash the pots - seriously
that won't cost anything to set up

if you fit a single point water heater it is by definition only supplying one point of use,
and not to be piped any other way.

Dont get much hot water out of an under sink 15L unit, but they are o.k for small amounts of washing up .

Hyco's multipoint and 15L is plenty for washing pots or having a splash and a shave.

Honestly mate already did that when we first moved in. Turned imersion off and boiled kettle for the pots. Suited me, but the misses wasn't impressed. Bloody women.

boil the kettle to wash the pots - seriously
that won't cost anything to set up

if you fit a single point water heater it is by definition only supplying one point of use,
and not to be piped any other way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to exchanging a hot water cylinder for a undersink heater in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am seeking some advice, I have a POTTERTON PROMAX 28 COMBI Boiler and I noticed yesterday that the water around the house is no longer...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock