Search the forum,

Discuss Estimate for servicing central heating boiler, fitting thermostats etc., in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Dennis Leighton

Hi All, This is my first posting to this Forum so please bear with me if I should transgress! I want to have my Baxi central heating boiler serviced, have 10 thermostats fitted to 10 radiators and a heated towel rail fitted in a bathroom. Is someone able to give me an idea of what the overall cost is likely to be? Very many thanks in advance. Dennis

Hi All, This is my first posting to this Forum so please bear with me if I should transgress! I want to have my Baxi central heating boiler serviced, have 10 thermostats fitted to 10 radiators and a heated towel rail fitted in a bathroom. Is someone able to give me an idea of what the overall cost is likely to be? Very many thanks in advance. Dennis

I am based in Teford, Shropshire.
Dennis

Bit more info needed.

Baxi boiler?
bit like saying how much to service my Volkswagen

as above, what model is the boiler?, where are you based?, when was it last serviced? and what faults does it have?

as above, what model is the boiler?, where are you based?, when was it last serviced? and what faults does it have?

It is a Baxi WM38/3RS boiler installed in my property in 1987. It has been serviced once only in that time and is working perfectly well though I think that a service is called for if I am having thermosats fitted as well as a heated towel rail. As I said in an earlier post I am based in Telford, Shropshire.

There seems to be a problem with your website for a message which I recently posted is not showing. To recap. my boiler is a Baxi WM38/3RS and was installed in 1987. It has been serviced only once but is in good working order. I felt that the time was now right to have it serviced at the same time that I proposed having thermostat valves fitted to the existing radiators as well as a heated towel rad. I am an 81 year old pensioner and wanted some idea of the likely cost involved. Many thanks. Dennis

I was going to do it for ÂŁ475 as you are 166 miles away. 1 service in 27 years. Well I'm going to classify that as an immediate danger due to lack of appropriate and diligent maintenance. I will give u a quote for a replacement and my invoice. TA!

There seems to be a problem with your website for a message which I recently posted is not showing. To recap. my boiler is a Baxi WM38/3RS and was installed in 1987. It has been serviced only once but is in good working order. I felt that the time was now right to have it serviced at the same time that I proposed having thermostat valves fitted to the existing radiators as well as a heated towel rad. I am an 81 year old pensioner and wanted some idea of the likely cost involved. Many thanks. Dennis

nothing wrong with the forum. You get held in a queue to ensure you're not spam. Happens to all newbies.

Even back in 1987 manufacturers told you to get the thing serviced annually. So Gawd knows what the inside of that looks like. As above, immediately dangerous, cap off and new boiler.

But at your age you should qualify for a grant for the government to pay for it.

Don't think you can classify a RS boiler as ID due to lack of servicing, ok it does need a service haha, but until you confirm a specific fault it cannot be ID over the internet

U want to see my paperwork? GIUSP 10.2

yru6e4yg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Estimate for servicing central heating boiler, fitting thermostats etc., in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I need to extend my central heating from my newly built extension in to the old part of my house. I need to feed 3 rads in separate bedrooms on the first floor and then to feed a towel rail in a bathroom a rad in the utility and a rad in my lounge on the ground floor. Can I run my 22mm flow &...
Replies
Views
I have a home with an oil boiler in a garage turned into a flat, heating both flat and main house, running c plan with two pumps, two motorised valves simple bi-metal thermostat on wall in flat with 4 standard TRV's rarely used so not worried about the flat, and main house has Nest Gen 3 in the...
Replies
Views
Hi, Over the past few months, my wife and I have noticed a constant pulsing sound throughout the house which is particularly noisy at night (this could be as a result of us noticing the sound more when there is less environmental noise). Unfortunately, it is severely disrupting our sleep, so we...
Replies
Views
Desperate for some help! Be a life saver of someone can help as suffer from a high intolerance to noise. Moved into new house 1940s (copper pipes) and having serious issues with banging pipes only when central heating is on. Not when running taps We have a wall in living room that has stop tap...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Our flat has communal heating and our thermostat is set so low so the heating should never be coming on. However over the last 10 months or so we've noticed the pipes under the floor, particularly in the bathroom, which are under the concrete floor and tiles, have become incredibly...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock