Discuss Estimate for servicing central heating boiler, fitting thermostats etc., in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
as above, what model is the boiler?, where are you based?, when was it last serviced? and what faults does it have?

It is a Baxi WM38/3RS boiler installed in my property in 1987. It has been serviced once only in that time and is working perfectly well though I think that a service is called for if I am having thermosats fitted as well as a heated towel rail. As I said in an earlier post I am based in Telford, Shropshire.

There seems to be a problem with your website for a message which I recently posted is not showing. To recap. my boiler is a Baxi WM38/3RS and was installed in 1987. It has been serviced only once but is in good working order. I felt that the time was now right to have it serviced at the same time that I proposed having thermostat valves fitted to the existing radiators as well as a heated towel rad. I am an 81 year old pensioner and wanted some idea of the likely cost involved. Many thanks. Dennis

I was going to do it for £475 as you are 166 miles away. 1 service in 27 years. Well I'm going to classify that as an immediate danger due to lack of appropriate and diligent maintenance. I will give u a quote for a replacement and my invoice. TA!

There seems to be a problem with your website for a message which I recently posted is not showing. To recap. my boiler is a Baxi WM38/3RS and was installed in 1987. It has been serviced only once but is in good working order. I felt that the time was now right to have it serviced at the same time that I proposed having thermostat valves fitted to the existing radiators as well as a heated towel rad. I am an 81 year old pensioner and wanted some idea of the likely cost involved. Many thanks. Dennis

nothing wrong with the forum. You get held in a queue to ensure you're not spam. Happens to all newbies.

Even back in 1987 manufacturers told you to get the thing serviced annually. So Gawd knows what the inside of that looks like. As above, immediately dangerous, cap off and new boiler.

But at your age you should qualify for a grant for the government to pay for it.

Don't think you can classify a RS boiler as ID due to lack of servicing, ok it does need a service haha, but until you confirm a specific fault it cannot be ID over the internet

U want to see my paperwork? GIUSP 10.2

yru6e4yg.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Estimate for servicing central heating boiler, fitting thermostats etc., in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
Hi all. Hope you have all been keeping well. A while back I decided I only wanted to fit one brand of boiler and decided on Viessmann due to...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock