Discuss Emergency call out times & rates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sag

I'm thinking of branching out to do emergency call out work. I'm trying to make a very clear in/out of hours pricing structure and have so far come up with this (no prices listed so croppie doesn't kill me)

Mon to Fri 8am to 8pm - Rate 1
Mon to Fri 8pm to 8am - Rate 2
Weekends & Bank Hols 8am to 8pm - Rate 2
Weekends & Bank Hols 8pm to 8am - Rate 3

What do you guys think?

I was tempted to make them 8am to 6pm, then 6pm to midnight, then midnight to 8am but am trying to keep it as simple as possible.

Also, would you use the time of the actual call or time you arrive to decide which bracket it would fall into?

Leave message on answer phone. We are closed, if you require emergency plumber please leave a message and we shall respond ASAP. Don't specify prices on website. Get a card machine at home. Charge £175 before u even open your front door . That's call out labour and upto £25 in parts for first hr. £45 per hr after that or part of. Get custard to sign receipt from first 175 when u get to there house. Probably not surprise u but the can't find cheque book and haven't got cash when your done. They want you they will pay if not go back to sleep. Call out ok but sporadic and means ur head in anus next day. It gets pretty hard in winter - 10 nights on the trot and what do u do when u get a call on Xmas day?

Have you looked at expanding during day time? More profitable and easier to plan for!

I'll be much cheaper than them, and my pricing should be easier for customers to understand too.

dont do xmas just boxing day, then they are more desparate and willing to cough

Am looking to team up with a few others to cover a wider area and allows more flexibility in getting to people quickly (before a change of mind or finding someone else).

Looked at izettle for card payments, not sure if it's any better or worse than others out there.

Am looking to team up with a few others to cover a wider area and allows more flexibility in getting to people quickly (before a change of mind or finding someone else).

Looked at izettle for card payments, not sure if it's any better or worse than others out there.

Owt just get paid before u turn up. Boxing Day is brilliant, quality street, turkey sarnies.... At least until u can't fix it.....

During day was simply , if you can sell, u sell and get in fitters. A shop in area with good footfall is excellent, lets custards know they have a handle on u. Smash 20 or so boilers on walls, get your best seller working and loads of free sample rads. Controllers and trvs. Open in summer so by winter people know u there. I winter your shop needs to glow - not warm but melting the upvc windows next door.
Don't sell to trade and work from there as much as possible.

High streets are shocking at moment, get first 7 months rent free, set up as ltd company then you could always go bump. But shops generate leads, near main road but with parking. Old pubs are good venues, extremely cheap an lots of windows and signs.

High streets are shocking at moment, get first 7 months rent free, set up as ltd company then you could always go bump. But shops generate leads, near main road but with parking. Old pubs are good venues, extremely cheap an lots of windows and signs.

Brilliant idea, shows your a reliable company everyone can trust !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So does the breakdown of rates look nice and simple and easy for even the not so bright custards to understand?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Emergency call out times & rates in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I
Dear All, Please kindly advise, i don't know what else to do! Had new boiler Vaillant 424 heat only open vent boiler installed with new flue and...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Hi There! It's a great day at Master Blaster Plumbing and Drain LLC! We are hiring Plumbing and Drain Technicians that already possess Plumbing...
Replies
Views
Hello all, We had a new bathroom fitted 3 years ago and the sink blocked up recently, tried to clear it my self (removed basin trap but turned...
Replies
Views
Hi folks. Sorry this is a long one. I'll try and keep it organised. Son has just moved into a purpose built (2013 ish) 4th floor apartment as a...
Replies
Views
Hi, Currently doing social housing plumbing. Its not particularly demanding, I like the blokes I work with and it's Mon - Friday. No call out...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock