Discuss Dual Fuel Gas cooker connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ALH

We are thinking of having a freestanding dual fuel cooker. On the rear of these cookers the electric and gas connections are at opposite sides. When deciding where to fit the electric outlet and gas connection to the wall is it best to have them on the same sides as those on the cooker or at opposite ends so that the excess electric cable and gas hose hang in a tidier loop?

Hope you understand what I mean.

Thanks,
Al

follow mfi for gas posn, and let the sparky do their thing is my opinion, also best not to have elc/gas to close iaw normal regs.

As said follow mi instructions,however would think gas and electric connections will be required to be on same sides with regard wall and cooker,it is not good or usually recommended to have flexible cooker hose or electric cable stretched across the back of the cooker for obvious reasons

Thanks both. I've looked at the installation instructions online and there is no guidance regarding my query. It does say to take care that the electric cable doesn't get trapped beind the cooker, which I take to mean that it is jammed between cooker and wall. We've always had electric cookers and the cable does go from one side to the other behind the cooker. No problems and the
present cable is as good as new.

As you suggest, the electric connections cooker/wall are the same side and the gas connections the other side, seem to be the logical way to do it. Can you tell me if there is a stipulated position for the gas bayonet connection to be fitted to the wall - height from floor/distance from side of cooker?

Thanks again,
Al

750mm from floor level (pointing downwards). It is advisable to have the gas bayonet opposit side of the connection.
This will mean no stress on flexi hose.

Tipintim - do you mean that the gas bayonet should be on the opposite side to the cooker connection? That is, with the hose in a lazy loop across the back of the cooker?

Al

Yes. That is the regs. Also, the hose should not be inpeaded. It should form a U shape and not touch the floor.
Hense 750.

You will also find that the manufacterer has left room just for this. Dont forget stabillity brackett or chain it

you may also be gutted to find out that they may ask for permanent ventilation and extraction direct to outside air,alot of mi,s regarding cookers are coming with foreign requirements hotpoints piano gas hob is a good one interlock between extractor and hob ie the extractor must be activated when you turn the hob on automatically

Ridiculas. Before long, manufacturers are gona want installers to wear a tie

What make of cooker are you getting. Is it one of those 6 burners with a hot plate.

If so, you need to find out m/i

For this reason, it will require a min room volume and an openable window, and or permanent ventillation.

do you mean that the gas bayonet should be on the opposite side to the cooker connection? That is, with the hose in a lazy loop across the back of the cooker?

Al

It should loop at the side rear of the cooker,not loop across back of cooker,hose connected to bayonet on wall pointing downwards and looping back up to cooker connecting on same side

This all will be in mi

That is not correct. Will stand corrected if you can prove regs wronge

What make of cooker are you getting. Is it one of those 6 burners with a hot plate.

If so, you need to find out m/i

For this reason, it will require a min room volume and an openable window, and or permanent ventillation.

It's a four burner freestanding affair - pretty normal :)

Al

It should loop at the side rear of the cooker,not loop across back of cooker,hose connected to bayonet on wall pointing downwards and looping back up to cooker connecting on same side

This all will be in mi

Can't see how that would work as the hose would almost have a kink at the bottom of it.

Al

[SIZE=+1][/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Have found this - [/SIZE][SIZE=+1]Gas Fitting[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]( Version 41024)

[/SIZE]
[SIZE=+1]A flexible hose connection should be used for a cooker. The bayonet connector should have the open end pointing downwards to prevent ingress of dirt when disconnected and help the hose hang in a neat unstrained U-shape.[/SIZE]

750mm from floor level (pointing downwards). It is advisable to have the gas bayonet opposit side of the connection.
This will mean no stress on flexi hose.

Hi tipintim

Do you know if this rule that the bayonet should be at least 750 mm from the floor applies to single fuel gas cookers too ? Moreover is this a safety recommendation and optional or is it a strict safety requirement ? The reason I am asking is that I have seen many gas cookers where the bayonet has been well below 750 mm from the floor !
thanks [email protected]

i dont think there is a general hieght given other than in mi'smain thing here is common sense as said hose should hang in an easy curve and not touch any hot or sharp surfaces i normally fit the hose to cooker and see where its going to fit nicley then fit the point to wall to suite

Hi tipintim

Do you know if this rule that the bayonet should be at least 750 mm from the floor applies to single fuel gas cookers too ? Moreover is this a safety recommendation and optional or is it a strict safety requirement ? The reason I am asking is that I have seen many gas cookers where the bayonet has been well below 750 mm from the floor !
thanks [email protected]

its in british standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Dual Fuel Gas cooker connection in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
I was stupid enough not to check the position of the pipes under the tiles when installing a toilet and drilled right through the center of a 16...
Replies
Views
Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Back