Discuss Does it need purging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick up date, the gas company carried out a air to gas purge although I still don't get how air would as got into the system, I would have though the valves would just shut once the pressure dropped.
Anyway it took the gas company about 5 hours for 2 men, think there is 8 heaters in total and a few need a cheery picker to get up to them. Although I think the building owners supplied that. The bill came to around £2.5k in total which I thought was crazy.

yep sounds about right

I still don't get how air would as got into the system

It's more a case of the system having lost pressure.
Safety !
In a large Gas installation you need to be certain that there is no Gas air mixture within. The larger the installation the greater the risk.

If the installation has depressurised for any reason, it should be tested, purged and recommissioned.

This does not mean that air definitely entered the pipe work. It means it is unknown whether it did or didn't and therefore we should treat it as if it did.

hope this makes sense!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Does it need purging? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone, I've weirdly had two small kind of commercial decommission jobs come in today and i dont do this stuff much. At some point I've had...
Replies
Views
P
  • Question
Boiler is SIRIUS THREE FS 70 Potterton commercial. Situation: We are small building contractors and my labourers managed to damage the radiator...
Replies
Views
E
I reckon if I did a survey of 100 heating engineers, asking what would they recommend for heating a granny annexe being built onto the side of my...
Replies
Views
eco-heating options
E
Just had a new Worcester Bosch Greenstar 30Ri fitted with the magnetic filter. When the system is running the boiler is so quiet but there is a...
Replies
Views
I have had a problem where 2 downstair radiators are not heating up the same as the rest of the radiators around the house, now previously i had...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock