Currently reading:
do people think the part l will stop people fitting se boilers

Discuss do people think the part l will stop people fitting se boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumbster3456

I no lots fit them now but do you think when the legislation to only fit A rated boilers comes in it will stop people fitting se boilers?
I am having problems were I keep losing jobs because the customer goes with the guy who s fitting an se combi because they are slightly cheaper.
What are your thoughts on this ?
I only fit he boilers so I think this would be a good thing if part L made a difference

i will be gutted the main 24he will go,btw theres not a lot between main he and se in terms of price cant say i have ever experienced your situation but i think se boilers will fade away

Are you talking about A and B rated boilers? I'd stick to that rather than HE and SE, gets confusing as B rated boilers are still classed as high efficiency, such as the Main HE. Their A rated version is called the Eco.
It has just recently become more difficult to find B rated boilers as most seem to be getting discontinued. I wonder how this will effect the cost of A rated boilers and when the ban on B rated boilers will come in place?

I have not come across any new se boiler installations, do a lot of gas safety inspections for rented properties and as said have not seen one. See illegal installations with band 'A' or 'B', had two last week,put in by unregistered people
This point was raised before on another thread and I checked with my merchants and others and they said they do not sell or supply any anymore although can get via special order,but added they had not ordered one for ages this is in sw London area
Will be sorry to see band 'B' go as regards Potterton Mains however can be stretched to next April if pre arranged ( ;))
I may ring up a few manufacturers next week and see what sales of se boilers they are having and post

If you are losing jobs in your area because cheaper se boiler being fitted must be very frustrating

Last edited by a moderator:
Up here Vokera Compact 28's (SE) are being fitted weekly by the container load mainly supplied through MrHeating although any of the merchants will get one next day. About £400 with flue and clock.

Glasgow and the west coast is like Vokera land. Probably something like 1 in 5 homes had a Vokera fitted.
No matter what the rules may be if someone on a limited budget needs a boiler and all they can afford is the cheapest straight swap then that is what will be fitted and there is always someone who will fit it.

Classics and Mini C's are still available too afaik.

I have not come across any new se boiler installations, do a lot of gas safety inspections for rented properties and as said have not seen one. See illegal installations with band 'A' or 'B', had two last week,put in by unregistered people
This point was raised before on another thread and I checked with my merchants and others and they said they do not sell or supply any anymore although can get via special order,but added they had not ordered one for ages this is in sw London area
Will be sorry to see band 'B' go as regards Potterton Mains however can be stretched to next April if pre arranged ( ;))
I may ring up a few manufacturers next week and see what sales of se boilers they are having and post

If you are losing jobs in your area because cheaper se boiler being fitted must be very frustrating

thanks for replying in a size font i can read puddle
geek.gif

Band B is going ,but band A will now be from 88% sedbuk, were as it was 90%.

The bigger issue is that only Gas Safe Registered Engineers should be fitting boilers anyway!!!
We have to continually pay for certification,& pay to stay registered.
Gas Safe are happy to regulate us, but should back us up more.
Why can't they push to have all gas appliances/fittings only sold to registered companies!!! ?
Or can we petition Government ?
Recently when purchasing a Remeha boiler, I noticed the merchant inputing the boiler serial number onto their system.
This he said, that Remeha req'd of all sales. Do other manufactures do this?
This is a perfectly simple system to use to keep check of a boiler in the supply chain & that a registered installer has bought & installed it.[ Something Corgi said would be difficult]
We need to cut out the unregistered !!!!!!

totally agree what you say tamz everyone fits vokera up here and yes they are getting them from mr central heating at a price you cant compete with..... se boilers are being fitted also and you are right again something like £400 for flue and clock with 28se but I would probably say it is something like 3 out of every 5 fitted are vokera in scotland.
I think aggis has the right idea about having to be an approved gas safe company to buy boilers this would definitely make the difference and why would it be hard to do?
I think I pay gas safe more than enough cash every year and this is not including keeping qualifications up to date.
then some cowboy comes along with no gas qualifications and under cuts you fitting a boiler you are not supposed to be fitting. and yes I see them fitted were a drain is a foot away so there is no excuse maybe its time gas safe stopped sitting around taking my cash well not doing anything about it.

HE Boilers are a pain. Too many areas of going wrong and too expensive for the client when they do go wrong. We fitted a Syntesi 35he about five or six years ago for a regular client and ended up two weeks ago having to replace the main heat exchanger the primary and ignition board and the sore on was the condencing unit £354 exc vat alone. Try telling himHE boilers are the way to go. We fit se whenever asked and will continue to do so.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to do people think the part l will stop people fitting se boilers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock