Search the forum,

Discuss Do i need a certificate (urgent) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Muscle750

Basically weve had some building work done which has needed the combi boiler flu been extended and modifed. I was on the understanding that i needed a certificate etc after the work was carried out. The "plumber" and i use that word loosely mainly because i had very little faith in him he was employed by the builder not myself i hasten to add. Ive asked him now 4 times for this certificate and now 9 months on still havent got it. I phoned gas safe they told me that he is reg however they also told me that He had to tell them that work was been done at my address and when completed they issued the certificate and not him is this correct. However building control says i need one and yet Gas safe say i dont only if a new appliance ie boiler or gas fire has been installed Can someone please clarify this as i need to get this work signed off by building control asap.

As far as I,m aware you only supply a building regs part L certificate via gas safe if the boiler is new or has been moved to a different location in the property, I think the problem you have is local building control can be a law on their own and unfortunately they do have the final say over gas safe, if they want to see a certificate they want to see one!. What they will want to see is a gas certificate from your plumber with the boiler details on and the flue works details, building control will want to see that it conforms to manufacturers regs, if he,s confident in his work there shouldnt be a problem producing one

As said, as work to the gas boiler/appliance has been done they probably just want a certificate to say it has been done correctly, is safe and by who the works were carried out by to make sure gas safe registered, a normal home owners gas cert will probably do
There should be no reason why this cannot be issued by the gas safe plumber who did the works, if requested at time of works, would have thought will be free, if you requested this after the works done, he is quite within his rights,I would say, to inflict a small fee if he needs to come back to re check details and make sure finished works has not interfered with any works he carried out
If he will not issue gas cert or come back,afraid you will have to get someone else in to do a inspection and issue cert for building dept

only problem with getting another rgi back is was the original fitter registered or not? if not then big issues and the next rgi has to check everything from scratch acording to gas safe tech advice that they issued a while back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Do i need a certificate (urgent) in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
A Plumber Who Worked Illegally Gets A Suspended Sentence After Falsely Claiming To Be Gas Safe Registered. A Plumber in Herefordshire was prosecuted after Hereford Trading Standards Team found that he was falsely claiming to be on the Gas Safe Register when he was not, putting members of the...
Replies
Views
We are from Alberta, and I own an electrical company. I have been asked by a BC Mechanical P. Eng. to install an emergency STOP button at the man-door to the boiler room. It's intent is to 'halt' the operation of the boilers in the room should there be an emergency. He is demanding that I do...
Replies
Views
We run a community village hall and have a large kitchen provided for the use of hirers. This includes a Lincat SLR9 gas cooker which I believe is a 23.8Kw appliance with all six burners and oven on max. This was installed some 10 years ago and has passed all subsequent Gas Safety inspections as...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock