Discuss diy and oil!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

lame plumber

just had a call, can you service my stanley range please, you have serviced it previously. Ok says I where are you, Torrington is the answer, to which I know I have no customers in that area so my question is, who and where are you, to be told, I have bought this range cooker you previously serviced and I would like it commissioned now. Oh says I, who installed it. me says he!!!!!!!!!!! On dear says I, what about the oil tank first, oh its new says he, and I laid a new oil line, its all soldered properly :), ooooooooooooh says I. Have you replaced the flue liner that served the previous rayburn you pulled out? what liner said he? didnt have one so I havent put one in. Oh says I, and whats the chimmney made of, proper old bricks etc says he, bye bye says I, as I explained I have to be responsible for all commissioning and unless its installed correctly I cant sign it off. Please yourself said he, click.

That's about right. Was he one of the following

1. Agg worker
2. CDT teacher or a physics teacher ?

3. Any type of engineer

4. Joiner or spark ? - brickies just to stupid .

I think you'd decided not to touch it the moment he said he'd installed it himself.

The remaining conversion was for your own and now our amusement?

And when he said Service it, does he mean get it working, cause he can't?

Would it have your name stuck on it?
And I wonder if you have a photo of it in it's original location, if you installed it there?

I had one last week "Hi, we are about to sell our house and we need the boiler commissioning. A friend of ours put it in last year for us but now we understand he wasnt supposed to have, can you come and sort the paperwork out please?"

Nope but thanks for asking. Click.

Just cos they're cheapskates and want to save paying £200 to the Building Inspector.

I think you'd decided not to touch it the moment he said he'd installed it himself.

The remaining conversion was for your own and now our amusement?

And when he said Service it, does he mean get it working, cause he can't?

Would it have your name stuck on it?
And I wonder if you have a photo of it in it's original location, if you installed it there?

probably not working and probably had my magnetic label on it fm previous owner and right on the spot re no intention of going near it fm minute 1

Last week I went to a condensing oil boiler only installed about 7 years max ago & also serviced regular by a " proper company." Boiler (outdoor) just put tight to ground, oil line not brought up outside unit & no remote fire valve (just a fuseable head valve INSIDE ) & ptfe tape on threads for hose to nipple for some reason only the idiot installer would know. Boiler shell full solid of sulphur, probably years of it & baffles destroyed. Not a DIY job, but just still all wrong.
What my point is, - even the jobs you think are properly installed, are often not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to diy and oil!!! in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

G
I have a danesmore 20/25 oil boiler and it is firing up but it’s producing no heat to the water or the radiators My next door neighbour an...
Replies
Views
DIY air conditioning system. I've got lots of plumbing experience and want to install my own a/c split system 3 to 1. I intend having it...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, My chimney failed the test so I need to install a flue liner for my Gazco Stockton gas fire. It was over a year ago when the engineer...
Replies
Views
I'm looking for some advice on a frustrating problem I'm having with my old Eurostar 50-60s oil boiler please? Although it's old, most parts...
Replies
Views
I have a SIP space heater and fitted a new matching spec oil nozzle as part of a service on it. I wanted to check the pump pressure with the new...
Replies
Views
Back