Discuss Decent Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember what my Hilmors were like when they were new tbh, but they're a vast improvement on my the way they've ended up. They're identical tbh, but made in the uk.

I've ordered the bend it now ones as there seems to be a few good reviews on here. Where can you buy copper pipe made in the UK nowadays?

I don't think you can be sure of any of it. Wednesbury sold out to Mueller. Yorkshire belongs to KME. I think Lawtons still manufacture in the UK, but I am not sure if they do all sizes in the UK.

Ray with your buying clout you should set up a UK copper pipe manufacturer and sell it all to Williams & Co cheaply! Let's bring back UK manufacturing I say.

Ray with your buying clout you should set up a UK copper pipe manufacturer and sell it all to Williams & Co cheaply! Let's bring back UK manufacturing I say.

I think quite a lot of it is made in the UK. Its just with these pan-European groups, you can never be sure.

I don't think you can be sure of any of it. Wednesbury sold out to Mueller. Yorkshire belongs to KME. I think Lawtons still manufacture in the UK, but I am not sure if they do all sizes in the UK.

Lawtons is really good pipe. About the only ones who sell it up this way are william wilsons.

Lawtons is really good pipe. About the only ones who sell it up this way are william wilsons.

We do quite a lot of pipe with them, but not exclusively.

They stitched us up about 15 years ago, and for about 12 years we wouldn't trade with them - eventually my senior buyer let them off, but only when he was satisfied that everyone involved in stitching him up had left the business.

I like a man who can hold a grudge.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Decent Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
After drywall removed: And after removing skirting, insulation, and dabs (Architrave cutter, chisels): Just wanted to post of few points on my...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent mini pipe bender for mostly 10mm pipe. I have a nasty cheap one that just mangles the pipe as much...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. What is the best brand of copper pipe for bending. Size 22mm? Screwfix and city plumbing are Wednesbury but found quite a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back