Discuss Decent Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.

cr0ft

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
OK. I have a 1 year old Rothenberger pipe bender. I've kept the formers and bending tracks nice and clean with wire wool. It is rippling occasionally on 15mm pipe and almost every time on 22mm pipe.

I am about to throw it in the bin and get another one. Any recommendations for a good quality pipe bender that will last? Don't mind spending decent money on something that people rate highly.

I've got the Bahco one but that's silly money and I rarely use it.

Have more trouble with poor quality copper than poor quality benders.

Think it must be the copper. had a Record bender for years and never had a problem with 15mm but for last few yearsthe 22 ripples nearly every time. Tried using a hacksaw blade between the former and roller as a shim and this sometimes helps.

Hillmor, had it ten years plus and no rippling as yet. But then again I don't look for it.

My rothenbergers ripple occasionally so i've been thinking of treating myself.......might give the bahco ones a go...

Bahco ones don't do 22mm, unless they have one I've not seen around. 15mm one is ace though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Decent Pipe Bender in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All and thanks Lou i did write a reply but it would not let me send it? i am not sure what I am meant to write and I do not want to come...
Replies
Views
After drywall removed: And after removing skirting, insulation, and dabs (Architrave cutter, chisels): Just wanted to post of few points on my...
Replies
Views
Just wondering if anyone can recommend a decent mini pipe bender for mostly 10mm pipe. I have a nasty cheap one that just mangles the pipe as much...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone. What is the best brand of copper pipe for bending. Size 22mm? Screwfix and city plumbing are Wednesbury but found quite a few...
Replies
Views
Hi, Any help, advice or personal experience appreciated. We are supplied by a lead pipe but on a shared supply. I am about house 4 out of a run...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock