Discuss cross threaded ball valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dino25060

Hi all.
I have cross threaded a plastic float valve for a wc and no matter how hard i try i cannot stop it having a minute leak. Ive tried ptfe tape. Is there maybe a tool that can re thread it or am i clutching at straws. Would like to know for future reference mainly. Thanks

persume you want to save ball valve
to do this use a 1/2 straight female fitting to 15mm copper,screw female end onto ballvalve thread

Part of any plumbers tool box should be a 1/2 inch die nut and tap and 3/4 inch of the same , you wont use them that often but worth there weight in gold when required .

thanks for the quick reply. They will be in my toolbox by the end of the week
Cheers

I carry a couple of half inch tap extenders and cut the tail of the ballvalve back to lose the crossed bit better than a copper to iron as you can still get the service valve on as the end isnt chamfered for an olive

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to cross threaded ball valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason...
Replies
Views
Hi. I need a new toilet supply line but don’t know the size type of the fitting at the shut off valve. It is not 3/8 compression. It is a plastic...
Replies
Views
The fittings below are for a mixer bar attached to a self contained shower. i.e not a wall. The attaching screws have snapped. I could get two new...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock