Discuss Cracked basin, old colour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bob the plumber

Anyone point me to a place where I can get a basin in like a pale avocado green colour, two tap hole?
Any help would be appreciated!

image.jpg

I didn't put that in by the way, looks like someone's run a tube of toothpaste down the back haha

When you say it's going to cost?what are you saying chalked? 200+?
Customer has already said no chance of that

Thanks for the quick response though

Just replace it with a plain white basin,
there's no point wasting your time to try and find a match, if there not going to pay good money for one,

Just tell them if they want it to match they'll have to find it, if not its X amount for a new white basin fitted

Just email them your pic. And they will give you a price. I think they salvage second hand basins, so you might get lucky!
I may be wrong, but that looks like whisper peach?
Last toured cysten lid I had to get in an old colour was £120!!!!!

Bob, is that picture the item you need replacing, only on my iPad that definitely isn't avocado

Jeez, there wre some awful colours.
Penthouse red!
Dog s4it brown, as we used to call it.
Mind you, about 4 years ago. I fitted a Matt black suite! Bet that took some cleaning!

My wife's aunts had the purple, corner bath, bidet, toilet and sink, but the walls were done in exactly the same colour tiles, every time she had people round for drinks it was a toss up what you emptied the bladder into.

There was that light brown colour bathroom suites people bought. I described it as Diarrhea colour. I never told the owners that

Hard to tell in artificial light, but my money is on Indian Ivory.

Hard to tell in artificial light, but my money is on Indian Ivory.

Weird that the OP mentions "light avocado" but the pic doesnt look anything like avocado.

Champagne could have a slatey greenish tinge in the right light.

Indian Ivory!

I'm feeling all nostalgic now. It's like having a track from the 80s playing on the radio.

Weird how a bathroom colour can take you back.

Indian Ivory, champagne or sorbet all had a slight difference but not with MY eyes when they all turned up to a block of flat 25 odd years ago.........

Hahaha it's definitely a pale green I couldn't really get a good picture, the light was all wrong

Hahaha it's definitely a pale green I couldn't really get a good picture, the light was all wrong

The only colours that I can recall that would be described as "pale avocado" would be Shires Willow Green or Twyfords Linden Green. I don't think there was an Armitage equivalent, although I could be wrong.

Neither look anything like the pic, but light and computers can do odd things to colour...

There was avocado darkish green, The do you remember Pampas, but this looks like onyx, champagne or as ray says, Indian Ivory. Who was the ceramic company?

have you tried local reclamation yard's? or the local council waste collection men they will see a lot things you may get lucky and find a used one in great condition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cracked basin, old colour in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I removed the old vanity unit in my bathroom, intending to do a makeover. Finished the shower cubicle, and starting on the vanity. I bought a 2nd...
Replies
Views
Have a sink basin tap photo attached and need to replace the heads as behind they have cracked. Any idea where I can get replacement tap head...
Replies
Views
Hello plumbers in my internet. So the Mrs want a spray mixer tap in the kitchen as we had two separate taps. I changed the tap for a temporary two...
Replies
Views
Hi. Can anyone help me get into this tap? I have them on the bathroom sink and bath and 2 out of 4 are dripping. I've have had two plumbers in to...
Replies
Views
I’m experimenting with the installation of a floating countertop / basin. At the top of the picture are the brackets I’m considering using. Below...
Replies
Views
Back