Discuss Cowboy customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Centralheatking

For the first time for years I had a customer who had issue with some work that we were unable to complete due to old fittings and badly maintained house. He was refusing to pay us !

Barney called in and I jumped on it - called round hewas still throwing toys out of his pram. Call my solicitor he said - I threatened to call around all his neighbours
in person this evening and tomorrow and tell them what he had done to us a local company.

Guess what ? paid up the invoice there and then !

THere are cowboy builders etc but there are also COWBOY CUSTOMERS

Ambulance chaser are not restricted to ambulances. Any opertunity to save a shilling.

ive been getting it a lot lately - the best payers are...... the ones who cant afford it. worst ones are the ones who are so well off they think they can bully you.

I never give my customers the joy of me complaining if they pay slowly - I just sit and wait and they get fed up with me not contacting them and just pay. (Luckily around 99% of my customers pay as I leave or within a couple of days.)

i remember fitting a basin, it took be about 2 hours as i had trouble with the taps and waste leaked (as ever on a swap!). he siad how much and i just said £25 (not realising it had took me so long) he asked me for change of a tenner. i said i had no change so he gave me a £20 note and the £3 in change, said hed drop the rest off later, never saw the other "2!! 2 weeks later he asked me to fit a new bath, i said i carnt for 2 weeks, he said BUT I NEED IT NOW, you can guess my reply!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doesn't make you feel much better, but we all meet customers who have no intension of paying....they should be nicked as far as I'm concerned.

Luckilly there are far more goon ones than bad, and Moony is right about who's more likely to knock you.

ive been getting it a lot lately - the best payers are...... the ones who cant afford it. worst ones are the ones who are so well off they think they can bully you.

very true its the normal people who are always nice you want a tea and biscuit and all that.
Then the rich ones want you to take your shoes off at there door and dont offer you a glass of water never mind a tea.
I have had more problems from this type of person than the ones without so much cash.

Not all the rich ones - but I agree many are like this, and there are a few who both should and DO know better.

Yeah i agree, and you usually find the customers that you think are not that well off end up giving you a tip, and the rich people dont.

very true its the normal people who are always nice you want a tea and biscuit and all that.
Then the rich ones want you to take your shoes off at there door and dont offer you a glass of water never mind a tea.
I have had more problems from this type of person than the ones without so much cash.

maybe they think wer are "common working class scum" haha just kidding but i know what you mean, I always try to be nice but the whole taking your shoes off at the door really ****es me off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Cowboy customers in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock