Users can remove all display ads (not sponsors) for a small fee. Click for info (must be logged in)

Discuss Core Drill bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

ambert

Hi All,
I'm quite new to the trade, so I didn't have a lot to spend on tools. I bought some cheap core bits, but I find every time I use them it's a real pain to get them off the arbour. The drilling winds it on so tight I can't get it off on site, needs a vice and long steel bar to loosen it. Just wondering if there are any tricks to stop it tightening too much, or is it just my cheapo bits.

hi ambert try squirting a bit of WD40 or likewise on the screw shaft before assembly, i'm sure you will find them easier to dismantle afterwards.

copper grease or something? maby wd40 will dry up because of the heat?? use 2 open end spanners to open them and try to aling them so that the 2 are close together (hard to explain on this) but if you were looking from a side view, you dont want the 2 spanners like clock fingers at 12:30 ( hard to put tension on) you want them more like 12:05 , anybody understand me? and can explain this easier?? haha

In other words if it is possible to put 2 spanners on whilst it is flat on the floor and they are in a 10&2 position you can get your body weight behind it thing burpe position and your good

Sit the gun on the ground.
Get your 2 spanners on the core and arbor.
Lift both spanners (and the drill) off the ground about 4" and bang the core on the ground.
It will slacken in no more than 2 attempts.

Easier and quicker to do than type.

shock it with a hammer before you try and undo it, usually worksyou boys dont know your born anyone else remember some epic struggles to get taper drills out of kangos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Core Drill bits in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All, Looking for a bit of advice on the best way to pipe this. - 24kW Worcester regular boiler in kitchen, approx. 9 years old - unvented...
Replies
Views
Hi all, We recently purchased a house and nothing seems to work correctly here, I've spent weeks rectifying issues. Plumbing, electrical...
Replies
Views
hi all need some advice on drilling a big hole :-) Need to fit a pipe for extractor in kitchen and the OD is 156mm. This is only a one time job...
Replies
Views
Hi New member here with a general question: My wife and I bought an old house needing a total overhaul. We're undertaking the renovation project...
Replies
Views
T
I'm a builder rather than plumber so hadn't used core drills until now. I've bought a Dewalt D21570K which was recommended by a plumber. I went...
Replies
Views
REDSAW
R
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock