Search the forum,

Discuss Radiator make / model recommendations in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Hi

New member here with a general question:

My wife and I bought an old house needing a total overhaul. We're undertaking the renovation project presently (great timing!). Any recommendations on efficient and decent radiator makes / models would be greatly appreciated to narrow down the search...

Some context:

• House is an old Georgian building with large single glazed windows (listed, so we can't touch them), but sits nestled in a valley so quite sheltered from the wind and worst of weather (we're in the south anyhow, so not too cold except for the worst periods of winter)
  • There's a new ground floor UFH (wet) system (Omnie Staple) presently being installed
  • First and Second floor will be conventional rads with room BTU requirements varying from 2k - 8k, but most at c4k-5k

My wife is an interior designer and had fallen for the traditional cast iron radiator designs but, aside from very high price, I have read many tales of woe with these re poor casting / assembly / problems with perishing gaskets so I have all but discounted them - unless anyone else has a contrary view?

We then briefly looked at 'designer' style, steel rads in the traditional cast iron design but these look like they're the worst of both worlds - high price (relatively) for a standard product with no ability to choose colour or exact sections / configuration.

So I then started looking at much more run-of-mill products that I assume are off-the-shelf, mass production, thus less likely to give issues and cheap. But there's countless options out there, so was really looking for any pointed people might be able to share...

For what it's worth, these were something that I was looking at recently: Kartell K-RAD Kompact Type 22

A couple of things might help narrower the search though:

• We need to mount rads on walls but also underneath Georgian windows, so need a good range of sizes / dimensions to cope with the varying space options
  • Ideally, we'd like to buy white and paint them (hammerite or similar) to match wall colours, so they are as inconspicuous as possible
  • I'd like to get a simple smart system that can talk to both the Omnie system and the traditional rads so that I can control heating remotely

Many thanks for reading and, in advance, any comments.

Reply to Radiator make / model recommendations in the USA area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi all I'm hoping someone can shine a light on this for me Since our stop tap on the pavement has now been filled with sand for whatever reason, we are relying on our property fitted stopcock (this is outside on our garage wall) Unfortunately turning this to the closed position only reduces...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m planning to pour a 100mm deep concrete patio on 100mm hardcore. In order to achieve the same final height to line up with the rest of the patio, I...
Replies
Views
Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock