Currently reading:
Condensing pipe into sink waste

Discuss Condensing pipe into sink waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bikerbas

Hi all whats the method of connecting the condensate pipe into sink waste under the sink?,all the boilers ive fitted have been external or internal on soil stack using strap on boss.
Cheers.

Mcalpine make a clamp on fitting for this.

mcalpine-boiler-discharge-pipe-tp_8799971337644173373.png

Apologies for the cheeky reply ... I think it might be to return it from the outside wall to indside and under the sink to the waste. But while you've got it outside it's probably much easier to run it to a drain rather than back in again through another wall.

VERY BIG TONGUE IN CHEEK!!!

I stand to be corrected but I don't think this is allowed and it has to go outside or to soil stack as you've suggested.

Oh good grief!! Just seen Plucky's post!!! I was well and truly wrong then - another thing learned today.

Where did you think the sink waste ends up dontknowitall? It goes to the stack.

Keep an eye out for cast iron stacks though!

Always better to keep condense inside thermal envelope if possible, i.e. not outside, as it takes away risk of freezing.

Even I know where the sink waste goes - I just thought (until I saw your post!) that because of the potential heat and scalding involved that the ...

I've just put brain into gear!!!

Cheers plucky for that can you buy them from screwfix or toolsatation?
dontknowitall,im not taking it outside then back in again its a short connection to get the condensate under the kitchen sink, the worktop already has holes cut out were the cold feed and dhw on the old combi go which is reaily close to the sink.ps if you look in mi instructions it recommends it this way.thanks for input thou

Usually use a clampon, cut a bit of 15ml pipe heat it with the burn gun so the tip goes red because it is so hot, and stick it inside the clampon and push it down so it makes a hole in the waste pipe, then run your plastic condense into it.

Usually use a clampon, cut a bit of 15ml pipe heat it with the burn gun so the tip goes red because it is so hot, and stick it inside the clampon and push it down so it makes a hole in the waste pipe, then run your plastic condense into it.

Or you could use a 20mm hole saw/spade bit :p

you can also buy an insert that goes into a t on the waste from plumb centre/james hargreaves same as the ones you put in a bosh

Mcalpine to a trap extension that goes on the sink waste and then trap onto the bottom of that. Same as a washing mashine connection but 21.5mm

hi just a quick question if the whole problem with the condensate is it being acidic and the pipes having to be solvent welded, with it being acidic wouldn,t it upset the rubber seals on the push fit waste pipes the more than likely will be fitted under a sink .
thats just a question off a newbie not trying to start a row lol

with the price of copper on the increase I'll stick with a hole saw

don't use 20 mm as is to large for the strap on connector !the inside diameter is 15-16mm!

i use 16 mm and is perfect! and allays make sure you connect the condense after the trap!

if it's in block of flats or you can not see the stack best to way is to use this:

Condensafe Condensing Boiler Waste Neutraliser - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Mcalpine to a trap extension that goes on the sink waste and then trap onto the bottom of that. Same as a washing mashine connection but 21.5mm

be carefull about using this set up,if the sink is emptied with a full bowl it will suck the water out of the boiler trap you then have the potential for p.o.c.s to escape via the waste system/plug hole

hi just a quick question if the whole problem with the condensate is it being acidic and the pipes having to be solvent welded, with it being acidic wouldn,t it upset the rubber seals on the push fit waste pipes the more than likely will be fitted under a sink .
Condensate is only slightly acidic and being diluted further with the normal waste waters, I think the potential damage to the seals is negligible.

where do you read that condensate pipes must be solvent welded? i have only ever seen it written that they need to be non-metallic

May be a daft question but how can you fit the condense BEFORE the trap? Dont traps normally screw directly onto the appliance.

where do you read that condensate pipes must be solvent welded? i have only ever seen it written that they need to be non-metallic

well i aint seen it written just when i was doing my on job portfolio the fella i was working with said they should be solvent welded so thats wot i do no why is this not the case?

Not seen it in any regs but I noticed a number of the manufacturers state this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Condensing pipe into sink waste in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Back