Discuss Chrome 15mm female compression tail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

dwsubc

Hi,
I am replacing some old imperial radiators with smaller modern radiators. I don't want to move the old pipes coming up through the floor. I plan to fit right-angled Drayton TRVs and lockshields on top of the existing pipes and then run short lengths of chrome pipe between these valves and the radiator. The chrome pipes might need a few slight bends to take up any misalignment.

I could fit the compression radiator tails I got with the TRVs and then use a chrome coupler to connect to the chrome pipes. However, this is going to look messy.

Is there a chrome fitting that will screw into the 1/2" BSP radiator tappings and leave a 15mm female compression fitting on the outside? I could then fit the chrome pipe directly into this.

Many thanks in advance
Dave

Just get straight 15mm chrome compression couplings remove nut from one side and screw straight into radiator tapping with a bit of ptfe tape on thread then go straight to 15mm chrome pipework on other end linking to valve

Little tip,it may be easier to put the small piece of chrome pipe in the coupling first,then you can use the chrome nut on the fitting to turn fitting into radiator thread

Last edited by a moderator:
Adjustable Radiator Valve Tail Compression - NoLinkingToThis, Where the Trade Buys

Had you considered using straight valves rather than angled?

If you've got enough room you could fit straights directly into the rad and then use a standard CP compression elbow and CP pipe to connect to the existing rad pipework

Mark

:)Thanks for all the tips here.:)

The union idea looks good and it fits OK in a spare radiator I am practising on. Also, the spare chrome nut and olive can then be used to connect the chrome pipe to the TRV.

I did look at the extending tails but I would need to put some bends in the tail and I was unsure whether they would still seal OK.

I don't really have room on all the radiators for straight valves.

Thanks again for all the tips - I can now order the parts with a lot more confidence than I was feeling before. Once I get one done I will post a foto to show how it turned out.

Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Chrome 15mm female compression tail in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

I want to reconnect some outbuildings to an existing water supply. The supply pipe is old 22mm MDPE and buried for a fair distance so not going...
Replies
Views
I have had a look at previous posts and think I know the answer to this but just before I make it worse could I just check what you think about...
Replies
Views
Hello all, I’m replacing a concrete paving slab patio in the back yard. The original patio used 50mm deep concrete slabs on hardcore & sand. I’m...
Replies
Views
Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock