Search the forum,

Discuss Buzzing motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

theoldboy

the motorised valve on my ch is starting to buzz, particularly when it switches the radiator flow on. It buzzes for a bit and settles down after a random amout of time. Can I perform any remedials (subject to usual safety considerations) apart from replace the thing. (not cheap on a limited budget). It controls hot water and heating.

Thank you

Tell me which make it is and you will probably be able to fix it for under a tenner.
Steve

Hi
Go to plumbers merchants and buy a syncron motor (ÂŁ10 or less) Turn the power off to CH system and loosen the small cross head screw at the end of the silver cover.The silver cover will then pull off. Inside you will find a motor the same as the one you have bought. There will be 2 wires from the motor which will have connectors (Normally twist togeather type) Undo the two connectors and seperate the wires. On the new motor you will see 2 screw holes, one either side at its base. Locate the same screw holes on the old motor and remove the small screws, taking care not to loose them. Once removed the old motor will then pull free. Replace with the new motor ensuring that the small drive gear engages with the cog and replace screws. Re-connent the wires, it doesn't matter which way round and the replace the cover and tighten the securing screw.
Turn power back on and test by turning the programmer on to CH then HW then both and observe the small lever that sticks out the end mooving.
Have a cup of tea you have earned it, hope this helps any problems, let me know.
Steve

Cost me more than you suggested as I chose to get a 'makers label' one. still no matter.
Had a crack at it this afternoon. Simple enough procedure, instructions with the new motor too. Only problem was that when I came to strip one of the wires I pulled it out of the circuit board :eek:
fortnutely, although a tight sqeeze I could just about get a replacement wire into what was the clamp that was left in the circuit board. As it happens I have a small electrical soldering iron to solder it firmly in place. Seems to have done the trick, everything working. Though when the wire came off, I'm sure my face must have been quite ashen!!

Thanks for your advice Steve.

Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Buzzing motorised valve in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Creating content since 2001. Untold Media.

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock