Discuss Britony Combi SE 80 - Boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tedson

I've got a small problem with my combi boiler. When the heating is off, and i run the hot water, 2 - 3 minutes after I've stopped running the hot water, the boiler starts to fire up for a second then cuts out, and repeats this process over and over again until I press the reset button. I doesn't happen when the heating is on.
I've contacted the manufacturer's technical help team via email, but they say they have never heard of this fault before. I was just wondering if anyone here might have any experience of this kind of thing.
Regards
Ted

It best to contact the boiller Manufacturer and ask to book an appointment for their service team, they will charge a fee, but it may be the best option and hopefully a quick repair.

I have a similar problem with a Britony System 60 boiler, but it's my central heating that cuts out... Anyway I had problems previously with the hot water too. Possible causes... i) Is the water pressure high enough? If it's less than 0.5 bar you need to top it up. If your system's the same as mine there will be a tap on one of the pipes that you can open. Watch the pressure guage and close the tap when it gets to 1.0-1.5 bar. (If you let it go higher your boiler will vent water out of the overflow pipe.) If the pressure doesn't rise there may be a problem with your mains. If it falls again there may be a leak. Or you may have a problem with ii) the pump, iii) one of the magentic flow switches or iv) the three way diverter. I'm still researching those, because that might be what's causing my problem... Anyway, let me know if you find the answer, and I'll do likewise!

I just re-read your post more carefully, and it's not the problem I had. The 2-3 minute thing sounds like the TAC delay. So the boiler's firing up, decides there's a problem, shuts off, waits 3 minutes, and tries again. So you need to figure out why it thinks there's a problem. Could be quite a few different things, but if you get HW and CH fine when the CH's on that rules out most of them. Anyway, I don't think you're monitoring this so I'll leave it there.

For anyone who had a problem more like mine, download the User and Service Manuals from the C&M website, then isolate and drain the boiler (it's easy), remove and clean the CH return filter, remove and clean the flow switch, and only worry about the 3-way diverter if it's used on your model (i.e. there are 3 pipes going into it) which it isn't on mine. Refill the boiler, and see if it works ok. If you're feeling extra diligent, you could repeat this process to clean out any debris that was flushed out when you refilled. Hopefully that'll solve the problem. It did for me.

If not, but you're getting either HW or CH ok, then the heat exchanger is fine, so the next most likely culprit is the PCB. Replacing that looks a bit fiddly but not impossible.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reply to Britony Combi SE 80 - Boiler problem in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at PlumbersForums.net

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, I have a Worcester 28i junior boiler that has started to lose pressure, only when using the central heating. When using hot water I have no...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Ideal Logic 24, Previous problem was that the hot water was only cold or barely warm if the heating was in use. If heating was off and boiler cold...
Replies
Views
Every two weeks or so I have to go and top up the system because the hot taps are running cold. Boiler display is flashing 0.6 bar and I fill up...
Replies
Views
PSxxxxxx
P
Hi everyone, Looking for a bit of advice, recently went to a job where heating was operating when called for however not for the hot water. I...
Replies
Views
Hi, Can anyone advise as to why the cold water to my bathroom keeps airlocking? This originally happened about 12 months ago and has happened 3-4...
Replies
Views

Newest Plumbing Threads

Back
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website. For the best site experience please disable your AdBlocker.

I've Disabled AdBlock